Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

3 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Kamu....how's the snow mound holding out?

46F

Shrunk a lot today, down to about 4.5ft high. Still some rapidly shrinking patches, but it's all  accelerating with the warm days and nights above freezing. Probably will be down to just  piles at some point tomorrow. Still holding out better than it would have with warm rains. 42F at 12:40 am.

• Weenie 1

13 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Shrunk a lot today, down to about 4.5ft high. Still some rapidly shrinking patches, but it's all  accelerating with the warm days and nights above freezing. Probably will be down to just  piles at some point tomorrow. Still holding out better than it would have with warm rains. 42F at 12:40 am.

Yeah, this blazing stuff is killing things. Believe it or not my neighbor still has a half-full lawn which I could make a snowman/fort with....odd.

72F 

• Weenie 1

28 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Yeah, this blazing stuff is killing things. Believe it or not my neighbor still has a half-full lawn which I could make a snowman/fort with....odd.

72F 

Still have a little out back, but this little patch in front of the porch where we hang out probably will disappear before the night is done. It's been real buddy! 69F here currently.

0311211427_copy_1600x1195_copy_1290x1052_copy_1600x1305.thumb.jpg.db3e15cacb0b310de1d75de456defd96.jpg

Just now, KamuSnow said:

Still have a little out back, but this little patch in front of the porch where we hang out probably will disappear before the night is done. It's been real buddy! 69F here currently.

0311211427_copy_1600x1195_copy_1290x1052_copy_1600x1305.thumb.jpg.db3e15cacb0b310de1d75de456defd96.jpg

Man, that's sad! You had a nice pack going. Damn, you took a beating!

I may take a Jebwalk and see what's going on...

56 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

I'm in - good luck! That's this weekend right? Better get busy, lol.

Yep, heavy stuff starts Saturday evening. Plan is to leave late tonight or tomorrow morning. Just at work now when I get home figuring everything out. Should be interesting. I also have a fear of air planes lol. Only been on one my entire life but screw it. Just hoping the light snow falling tonight doesn’t make flight become delayed. I might have to land outside and drive far

54 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Yep, heavy stuff starts Saturday evening. Plan is to leave late tonight or tomorrow morning. Just at work now when I get home figuring everything out. Should be interesting. I also have a fear of air planes lol. Only been on one my entire life but screw it. Just hoping the light snow falling tonight doesn’t make flight become delayed. I might have to land outside and drive far

Well, again, good luck, and keep us posted! Do you know where you're flying into yet?

Eta- just looked at Estes Park Colorado, which looks to be a favored area, and it's about 1 1/2 hours north of Denver, so Denver I guess?

Eta again - just looked, and Frontier has a non-stop out and back that leaves around 9pm tomorrow and I picked Tuesday (since you might get snowed in) and that's a redeye flight, for 178 plus whatever other charges they tack on. Highly recommend non-stop!

57 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Well, again, good luck, and keep us posted! Do you know where you're flying into yet?

Eta- just looked at Estes Park Colorado, which looks to be a favored area, and it's about 1 1/2 hours north of Denver, so Denver I guess?

Eta again - just looked, and Frontier has a non-stop out and back that leaves around 9pm tomorrow and I picked Tuesday (since you might get snowed in) and that's a redeye flight, for 178 plus whatever other charges they tack on. Highly recommend non-stop!

Thanks! I will message you when I get home keep you posted. Like I said last time I flew was close to 10 years ago and it was to Pittsburgh lol. I’m a bit worried the small amount of snow tomorrow will delay me but I’ll figure it out. I’ll pm you when I get home

7 hours ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Not to fear...

They usually reroute flights in to Denver to Tijuana Mexico‼️

2 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Awesome - good luck! Latest model runs favoring a good storm. What kind of vehicle are you getting? Post some pics if you can.

Actually I’m just getting a Lyft or taxi there meeting someone and hopefully finding another one back lol. My stimulus came today which helped!