• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

I have been saying this since last week in my blog.  March 17-20  big pattern flip. MJO major change along with a MIller A/B potential. Nice accumulating snow event after seeing 65+ degree weather a few days before this period. After that a brief cold period then hopefully  spring is here to stay. I also see  a great potential for a severe weather event if the warm temps hold out.. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Voyager said:

Go read the Central PA thread. They don't think we're done yet. And some of the models agree...

I don't doubt that, I just mean the type of things he retweets.....he's like your crazy uncle.  I don't even bother to read his stuff anymore.  He should stay out of politics.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

This and then call it a winter/spring:

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_53.png

gfs_asnow_neus_56.png

Seriously, this won't happen....and do you really want another big mid/late-slop March storm which will melt immediately w/muddy grass/lawn crap for days? 

I understand some weenies just want to raise their season totals just for the sake of it...just not me. It's really not snow, just inflated artificial stats.

IMO,  I'd take a 1-3"/ 2-4" late overnight peaceful event and do a Jeb Walk and call it a winter...

31F

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Seriously, this won't happen....and do you really want another big mid/late-slop March storm which will melt immediately w/muddy grass/lawn crap for days? 

I understand some weenies just want to raise their season totals just for the sake of it...just not me. It's really not snow, just inflated artificial stats.

IMO,  I'd take a 1-3"/ 2-4" late overnight peaceful event and do a Jeb Walk and call it a winter...

31F

March is good for big fluke storms. So yes, I will gladly take.

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

IMO,  I'd take no a 1-3"/ 2-4" late overnight peaceful event and do a Jeb Walk and call it a winter...

31F

Bro, do you even remember 3/21/18? 3-4 hours of heavy, wet thundersnow. I don't know how any snow lover couldn't root for that... That was a top ten storm of my life, who cares if it melted two days later? 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Bro, do you even remember 3/21/18? 3-4 hours of heavy, wet thundersnow. I don't know how any snow lover couldn't root for that... That was a top ten storm of my life, who cares if it melted two days later? 

Exactly! And unless March rogue storms deliver 10" or more, you usually dont even need to shovel or snowblow. Euro control and gfs para also sniffing out some potential between March 14-March 21. Chances are low as always in March but every so often (2018 etc) one pops up and delivers.

57 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

I'll take a Sixers OT (Embiid 3pt'er) win vs the best team in the NBA and a Flyers comeback down 0-3 win vs Pitt in a week over any sort of weenie slop we receiver (or think) this late in the year..

34F /solid flurries

• Weenie 1

58 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Sick of cold&snow in spring. First week of March looks like it's the 5th coldest first week of March on record. Hideous.

You and I think very much alike. I prefer my snow in DJF. By March, I want to start thawing out...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

What happened to global warming? Last spring felt like the coldest in a century, four warmish days next week then the the floodgates open up and it's cold again. So much for the +AO delivering and being far overdue for an early spring.

Still thinking about moving north?

• Haha 1

Have a feeling we aren't done with winter just yet. GFS op, GEFS, GEPS, GFS para, and EPS all liking the period March 13-20 for a backdoor front followed by a fluke event with an interesting setup overall (-PNA with tpv lobes spiraling around just to our N and several waves coming out of the SW and S Plains). Something to watch. I still enjoy watching it fall, even better overnight this time of year and seeing the landscape when the sun first rises. Heck, I've even enjoyed the couple of daytime April snows we had over the past decade. 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, zenmsav6810 said:

I remember a nice st patricks day ... in 2007? that was a nice 6-8" hit of wintery mix. it was the first time I skied in fresh snow.

That was the winter of the saints. We had the St Valentine's Day massacre, and then we had the St Patrick's Day storm.