• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Daffodils are starting to poke up through the ground/snow, pansies are out for sale at the green houses in Amish country! Rare Snow Rollers reported by WFMZ: https://www.wfmz.com/news/feature-belt/snow-rolls-spotted-in-the-lehigh-valley-berks-county/article_ef6cb8d8-7988-11eb-bf00-2b72931471e5.html

For those  unfamiliar: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_roller

• Like 1

16 hours ago, snowwors2 said:

Still nearly 100% snow coverage here!

14 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Now sure how? Tons of green here?? Parking lots still have mounds though.

Winds howling at 1:10am..

Annoyingly this site doesn’t allow me to post the photos of my yard that I just took...

I’ll post them at PhillyWx if you want to see them...

My property has anywhere from very small green patches up to as much as 5” in shaded (untouched snow) areas‼️

Just now, snowwors2 said:

Annoyingly this site doesn’t allow me to post the photos of my yard that I just took...

My property has anywhere from very small green patches up to as much as 5” in shaded (untouched snow) areas‼️

Is the photo size too large or are you out of total storage space? I think you only get 40MB. Once you reach that you have to delete old files to free up space.

Snowpack melting took a break today w/temps only at 34F....

31 minutes ago, snowwors2 said:

Thanks but says I’ve only used 3%...LOL⁉️

That's odd.

I've seen your pictures on Phillywx and you definitely have more than me. Shaded areas are nice to have...my neighbor's front lawn is mostly shaded and you can tell by the amount snow.

28F

1 hour ago, snowwors2 said:

Pretty crazy as the back yard gets a good dose of southern sun...

Picked the right house in the right location when we moved up here in late 2018...

Every other home I’ve ever owned was ALWAYS the first to melt which always pissed me off‼️

That must have sucked, lol. Probably contributed to you becoming a snowpile maker. Here, out front it's down to patches, the lower part of the back is still almost 50%, plus there's snow piles all around. A nice early March look.

I'm thinking we'll all be good through the weekend with at least some snow hanging around, especially in shaded areas. Tomorrow's the only real melt day through Sunday.

28 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Prolly need to downsize your pics, I've had to do that to get it within that 1.95mb limit per attachment.

I post them to Facebook, save the FB photo to my phone, then delete the one on FB. Works great. Resizes then down to about 200-500 kB.

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

The snow lingering thing is a strange topic as I have been making observations of the snow lawns recently. Here open land no trees and good snow at all compass points, yet just 1/4 mile up the road and around the bend other houses with lots of acreage and no trees and spotty coverage with open areas of grass. It runs variable like that all over. In Allentown it looks the same way. Coopersburg appears to have the most from what I saw. 8 miles to the wsw in East Greenville last week it looked like they had half the snow I was surprised how much less.

7 hours ago, snowwors2 said:

1 hour ago, KamuSnow said:

Prolly need to downsize your pics, I've had to do that to get it within that 1.95mb limit per attachment.

Works...Thanks‼️

Looking SW

4B52FAFA-1CBB-42C4-A522-3AD02C4217F5.jpeg

Looking NE

DC0E81B2-659F-4FD6-8148-8F9AF997CE14.jpeg

• Like 1

Today mark's our 32nd straight day with snow cover (14th longest stretch since 1894) - today should be the last with coverage getting under 50% - still 3" in most level spots in the back -see photo

image.png.6eed9c52100042e34da1a6d3b812ed2e.png

Backyard.20210303_082517585.jpg

•  

Average Chester County PA Snow at elevations over 660 FT ASL (1983-Present) = 35.6":  Winter 2020/21 - (12) Winter Events so far with total Current Seasonal Snowfall to date at 52.2" :2/26-27 ((0.8") / 2/22 (5.0") / 2/18-19 (7.5") / 2/10-11 (2.0") 2/7 (8.8") / 2/5 (0.3")/ 1/31-2/3 (16.6") / 01/3 - 1.0" /12/25 (0.3") /12/16-17 (9.3") 12/9 (0.3") / 12/2 (0.3") /  2019/20 snow (5.8" )/ 2018/19 snow (35.1" )/ 2017/18 snow (58.5") / 2016/17 snow (24.0")/ 2015/16 snow (40.8")/ 2014/15 snow = (55.3") /2013/14 snow (80.0") . PHL Heat Island factoid 2016-20 = 169 days at 90+ while KMQS/KPTW and East Nantmeal Twp. combined 121 days! Check out my historical Western Chester County PA website at https://www.chescowx.com and follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/ChescoWx

chescopawxman

10 hours ago, RedSky said:

Truth or rumor that JB thinks the second half of March into April is going to be a snow blitz :lol:

How's our March triple phaser looking? Asking for a friend.

40F with brilliant sunshine. Going for an un-Jebwalk soon.

• Weenie 1

On 3/2/2021 at 11:31 PM, RedSky said:

Truth or rumor that JB thinks the second half of March into April is going to be a snow blitz :lol:

On 3/3/2021 at 10:36 AM, hazwoper said:

That dude has lost it.  Like he has completely gone off the deep end.  He is like your crazy uncle at Xmas dinner.

Go read the Central PA thread. They don't think we're done yet. And some of the models agree...