• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2021 General Discussion

Hoosier

Its getting dry around these parts. Yesterday’s forecasted “soaker” never materialized for at least my locality. The drought conditions in the SW looks modestly concerning. Leaching NE slowly and it makes me wonder if we have a very warm and dry late spring. Verdict is still out on that.

Its been a beautiful March so far and the green up has commenced. Looking forward to the warm up scheduled for this weekend and beyond. 

very low moisture throughout the depth of the atmosphere the next two days so expect almost wall to wall sun for the next 48 hours.

Also its only 26 at 8 am but as the inversion breaks in the next couple hours expect some crazy temp jumps

• Like 2

The clear skies and dry atmosphere are really causing impressive diurnal swings in temps quite unusual for this region without aid of a strong front. forecast today 65.

Even at the heat island.....

Detroit:

Mar 20 high/low 54/22

Mar 21 high/low ??/27

Better radiating spot...Ann Arbor

Mar 20 high/low 56/15

Mar 21 high/low ??/19

Best weekend weather-wise so far with 100% sun and 54F yesterday; already at that point late this morning. High of 61F which will be the second highest temp this year. The next 4 days with highs around 64F and mainly sunny (something we hold precious here near the lakes in early Spring) will probably be the best period since 9 years ago :D. Waterloo is nearly at 19C on Weds and Thurs so the first March 20C reading since 2012? I drew some weak comparison to March 2007 and reaching 20C around the same date would be an additional similarity.

4 hours ago, Torchageddon said:

Best weekend weather-wise so far with 100% sun and 54F yesterday; already at that point late this morning. High of 61F which will be the second highest temp this year. The next 4 days with highs around 64F and mainly sunny (something we hold precious here near the lakes in early Spring) will probably be the best period since 9 years ago :D. Waterloo is nearly at 19C on Weds and Thurs so the first March 20C reading since 2012? I drew some weak comparison to March 2007 and reaching 20C around the same date would be an additional similarity.

Yeah. 61 degrees in Kitchener right now. Crystal clear skies. Can even see the moon during the day rather easily. 

I don’t remember having a day like this in March of 2020. 

Also there is a huge difference in temperature between my front yard and back yard. My backyard is still mostly in the shade until about Mid April and the ground is still frozen close to the house. The front yard is a torch. Some of my grass is starting to green up just a wee bit. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

The clear skies and dry atmosphere are really causing impressive diurnal swings in temps quite unusual for this region without aid of a strong front. forecast today 65.

Even at the heat island.....

Detroit:

Mar 20 high/low 54/22

Mar 21 high/low ??/27

Mar 20 high/low 56/15

Mar 21 high/low ??/19

Diurnal swings last 2 days

Detroit:

Mar 20 high/low 54/22

Mar 21 high/low 63/27

Mar 20 high/low 56/15

Mar 21 high/low 65/19

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

Im getting a bit concerned for Forest Fire season in Ontario. There is almost no snow cover in the province (the least since March 2012) Even if we go back into a colder wetter pattern there is no way to build up the snowpack back to winter levels. Normally it takes most of April for the snow cover to melt. 

Do you know of a good snow cover map for Ontario? I’ve been looking for a snow cover and current snow depth map.