• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2021 Golf Thread

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

I think we need to start talking seriously about a golf gtg. What days work best for most people, and what course do we want to play?

Do we want something pristine and tough and pricey like crump, or something reasonable but lnsane like the Shattuck, or a long, cheap course like Westover?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Professional Lurker said:

I think we need to start talking seriously about a golf gtg. What days work best for most people, and what course do we want to play?

Do we want something pristine and tough and pricey like crump, or something reasonable but lnsane like the Shattuck, or a long, cheap course like Westover?

Howe about quail hollow? Nice course, not expensive, not great for food but they have plenty of beer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Spending a week in the White Mountains in August.  Looking for recommendations for golf courses. Thank you in advance.

I've always wanted to play Maplewood in Bethlehem. It's a Donald Ross design.  Also want to play Mt. Washington.  It's a Ross course too.

3 hours ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Spending a week in the White Mountains in August.  Looking for recommendations for golf courses. Thank you in advance.

Mt Washington, nice course, pretty cool when you hit your drives you can follow the ball easily with the mountains as a backdrop, around here I lose the ball in the sky/clouds.

What’s up gamers. The Open Champ is on our doorstep. We had great success with the US Open. Coming in hot, let’s keep it going with house money…let’s push it.

100 unit card:

JT +2000 (20 units)

Westwood +5000 (20 units)

Leishman +6600 (20 units)

Berger +7000 (20 units)

Kisner +15000 (10 units)

Bradley +20000 (10 units)

DK DFS lineup:

Koepka, JT, Niemann, Garcia, Macintyre, Bradley

Enjoy the early broadcast.

On 7/1/2021 at 1:05 AM, Professional Lurker said:

Crump or The Ranch. I’ve been busy with work so I haven’t gotten around to scheduling a gtg so by all means please put one together.

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Man. Oostie just pimps majors. Not sure why I didn’t bet him. He’s like a Brooks light. Just needs to prevent a mistake like the US open but with two more days to go, anything can happen. Someone will make a charge tomorrow to though especially with a star studded leaderboard.

I got Oostie to win, my other guys are all looking good too, may have finally got one right.

10 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Some drama building today as the leaders come down the stretch. I don’t necessarily have a favorite, the only thing I want is no run away blow outs. I want excitement coming down the stretch.   

Should be a good one tomorrow, I have Oostie and Rahm, all 7 of my guys made the cut, should at least get in the top three money if one of my guys wins.

8 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I can't watch it with no cable but Oostie's letting me down. Need him to make a run on these final holes.

Morikawa is locked in. Oostie almost holes out for eagle while Morikawa unexpectedly leaves his approach short, then steps up and sinks a 25’ putt for birdie. Anything can happen on the last 3 holes but it looks like it’s over. 

On 6/29/2021 at 1:01 AM, mreaves said:

So there was a Korn Ferry Tour event in Falmouth, ME this past weekend. That would have been fun to attend. 

About 9 minutes from my house door to door. I volunteered on the Saturday and was a walking scorer in the morning. Pretty cool experience to be inside the ropes and logging every shot for the website updates. I probably saw in total 60+ holes of golf between scoring and ball spotting on #13 and only saw 3 bogeys. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

About 9 minutes from my house door to door. I volunteered on the Saturday and was a walking scorer in the morning. Pretty cool experience to be inside the ropes and logging every shot for the website updates. I probably saw in total 60+ holes of golf between scoring and ball spotting on #13 and only saw 3 bogeys. 

I would love to do that.  About 15 years ago, my brother lived in the East Lake neighborhood of Atlanta and he asked if I wanted to come down and volunteer for the Tour Championship since the neighborhood association provided volunteers and he could get me on the list.  I really wish I had taken him up on it.  Stupid work, family and life obligations got in the way.