Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2021 Golf Thread

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

20 hours ago, StormSurge said:

One ball, 9 holes, 58 minutes, no wind & no one else on the course. I need to bottle this day. (Also 5 shots better than my round last Sunday.) 

32F8BF46-9055-495E-9524-3CE56541BCF2.jpeg

There's a sight for sore eyes. I miss the little pine trees that used to dot the rough between 5 and 7, which always helped me locate my drive in the deep stuff lol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StormSurge said:

:lol: It’s quite easy to find wayward drives right now. Not losing a ball isn’t exactly a noteworthy feat this time of the year but part of me is still happy about it. 

If you tee off the third with the same ball as the second, you're doing well in my book lol.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hoth said:

If you tee off the third with the same ball as the second, you're doing well in my book lol.

I know I'm going to jinx myself, but I can't remember the last time I hit one onto the rocks. It's 50/50 between the fairway or the jungle on the left. I'll try to align the landing by one of the birdhouses but 90% of the time, those balls are gone.

19 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Sweet looking course. Where is it? Public?

Hay Harbor Club course at Fishers Island. It's a great little 9 holer. Often overlooked due to the world-class course at the other end of the island, but HHC is fantastic fun. It is private, but I doubt anyone would stop you if you jumped on the course in the evening or early morning.

Here's a picture looking back from the green on the 2nd hole. Tee box is tucked over at the far right by the water. Very challenging hole.

race.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Hoth said:

Hay Harbor Club course at Fishers Island. It's a great little 9 holer. Often overlooked due to the world-class course at the other end of the island, but HHC is fantastic fun. It is private, but I doubt anyone would stop you if you jumped on the course in the evening or early morning.

Here's a picture looking back from the green on the 2nd hole. Tee box is tucked over at the far right by the water. Very challenging hole.

race.jpg

Very nice.  I need to check out Fisher's Island sometime.  I'm a fan of their lemonade.  :D

• Like 1

We haven’t even talked about the PGA Championship at Kiawah Island this week. Not sure who I like. Would be good to see Rory grab another major. DJ could grab it. One thing I know, as I just looked up and saw an interview with him playing on the Golf Channel, is I don’t want to see Patrick Reed anywhere near the leaderboard. 

36 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Early going in the PGA.   Nice to see Rickie Fowler near the top, even if it is early.  Sounds like the 600 yd 16th is not reachable in two. 

Im not sure I could reach it in 3. I think it's Hampden Golf Course that has a par 5 that's about that long. It took me a driver, 3 wood and I think I used a rescue club to get to the green.

Fricken unreal. I'm done with my Thursday league.

It's mostly old guys with high handicaps. Today I played 9 holes, finished gross -1. Best round of the season so far... some asswipe with a 14 handicap (for 9 holes lol) comes in and beats me. I would have had to shoot -3 to win it.

At least I won both closest to the pins (6' and 7'), but still.... screw that.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Just now, Professional Lurker said:

Fricken unreal. I'm done with my Thursday league.

It's mostly old guys with high handicaps. Today I played 9 holes, finished gross -1. Best round of the season so far... some asswipe with a 14 handicap (for 9 holes lol) comes in and beats me. I would have had to shoot -3 to win it.

At least I won both closest to the pins (6' and 7'), but still.... screw that.

How many shots does he get in your league? If a 14 played a 4 in our league he would just get one shot on the par 4 and 5's with none on the par 3's.

How many shots does he get in your league? If a 14 played a 4 in our league he would just get one shot on the par 4 and 5's with none on the par 3's.
14, lol.

It's a pretty informal group, the guy running it keeps track of handicaps, they're hardly official.

So this guy gets 2 strokes on the majority of the holes. There's no way to compete! He gets a birdie on a par 3 and is a net 0 with 2 strokes... I get a birdie too, but he gets the skin.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mreaves said:

We haven’t even talked about the PGA Championship at Kiawah Island this week. Not sure who I like. Would be good to see Rory grab another major. DJ could grab it. One thing I know, as I just looked up and saw an interview with him playing on the Golf Channel, is I don’t want to see Patrick Reed anywhere near the leaderboard. 

I hate Reed, agree.

I’ve been caught up getting ready to sell our house so I missed the first round today and didn’t have time to dive into dfs or outright bets too much. My gut had Rahm, Haviland, and Niemann in the lineups I threw up at the last second.

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I hate Reed, agree.

I’ve been caught up getting ready to sell our house so I missed the first round today and didn’t have time to dive into dfs or outright bets too much. My gut had Rahm, Haviland, and Niemann in the lineups I threw up at the last second.

I missed golf because I felt like azz after my covid shot so didn't get into the pool either. 

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I hate Reed, agree.

Finally moving up north for more snow, nice!  Anyway, I had some of it going on the second monitor between Teams meetings. I was surprised by Koepka. I want sure his knee would hold up. This course is lot less hilly than Augusta. Also surprised by DJ. T97 at +4. 

7 hours ago, mreaves said:

Finally moving up north for more snow, nice!  Anyway, I had some of it going on the second monitor between Teams meetings. I was surprised by Koepka. I want sure his knee would hold up. This course is lot less hilly than Augusta. Also surprised by DJ. T97 at +4. 

I wish lol. I saw Brooks up there which is surprising but then it isn’t. If anyone can beast thru this and compete at a major, it’s him. Burns WD was a bummer, he was playing lights out past few events. What about my boy Conners? This is a ball striking course so the best T2G players should succeed, even if they are subpar putters. 

I’m going into the office today so I’ll have it up on my 3rd screen or listen on Sirius. Need my major fix.

3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I wish lol. I saw Brooks up there which is surprising but then it isn’t. If anyone can beast thru this and compete at a major, it’s him. Burns WD was a bummer, he was playing lights out past few events. What about my boy Conners? This is a ball striking course so the best T2G players should succeed, even if they are subpar putters. 

I’m going into the office today so I’ll have it up on my 3rd screen or listen on Sirius. Need my major fix.

Your boy Connors took a nosedive right off the bat this morning.