Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021 Golf Thread

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

13 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Dude was dialed in today. Even recovered nicely on 18.

He was Lights out after the restart. In fact, he should have made birdie on 13 when he got on in 2 but left the eagle putt short down the slope. Ended with a diasspointing 3putt par. Right then he realized how the rain slowed the greens down, so he went into attack mode and started flag hunting the rest of the way. So on 18, he was feeling it and flew the green lol. Dude was on fire. And to come back with a touchy chip there was equally impressive as his approach shots on the back 9, maybe even more. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 5:21 PM, OceanStWx said:

I can't relate. I've loved my Odyssey ever since I was in high school (I had to replace it once when it was stolen out of my car trunk). 

If I ever snap a club it's going to be a wedge.

You’ve never snapped a club, impressive, you must be able to control you’re emotions. Not me I think I’ve probably broken more than a handful of clubs. Had to learn how to reshaft LOL

I have hideki in my pool, so rooting hard for him - half of the pool goes to whoever picks the winner - some of my other picks were Rory, brooks and Wolfe who got DQ’d for signing a card with a wrong (lower) score on 17, so I am dead without him

On 4/6/2021 at 4:43 PM, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It's still early but I usually get a decent feel for a big event early in the week before too much information infiltrates the mind. So here goes:

Betting market (100 units total):

Rahm +1250 (10 units)

Rory +1900 (10 units)

Cantlay +2050 (20 units)

Simpson +3500 (20 units)

Day +5500 (20 units)

Conners +8000 (20 units)

If you have an extra 5-10 units that you found under your pillow and want to throw a dart at a longshot...I like Fritelli at +17500 and Si Woo Kim at +15000. 

DFS lineup: JT, Cantlay, Berger, Day, Kokrak, Munoz

Does anyone else bet and/or play dfs?

Well. I had a chance with Conners and Kim but Hideki ruined it. Otherwise they both would have a legit shot and at those odds, big payday potential. DFs lineup there though is lol, burning money. 

15 hours ago, S&P said:

I have hideki in my pool, so rooting hard for him - half of the pool goes to whoever picks the winner - some of my other picks were Rory, brooks and Wolfe who got DQ’d for signing a card with a wrong (lower) score on 17, so I am dead without him

Congrats on winning half the pool. I overlooked him and shouldn't since he plays well there.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We had a little drama until Xander’s triple bogey on 16 but Hideki deserved it. 

That was a stunning moment. Xander had all the momentum and it looked like it was going down to the last hole. I guess technically, it did but as soon as Hideki piped his drive on 17, I figured it was over. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mreaves said:

Playing for the first time later this afternoon.  Have not even touched my clubs yet.  I hope I don't hurt myself.  :o

Lol. I have not played yet and probably won’t do so until May. With my new job and my son starting tball, I doubt I will get out much this season, unfortunately. Maybe that will be a good thing for my game lol. I’ll just live vicariously through you guys. 

13 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Lol. I have not played yet and probably won’t do so until May. With my new job and my son starting tball, I doubt I will get out much this season, unfortunately. Maybe that will be a good thing for my game lol. I’ll just live vicariously through you guys. 

You may surprise yourself. Sometimes when you have no expectations you just hit the ball.

11 hours ago, kdxken said:

You may surprise yourself. Sometimes when you have no expectations you just hit the ball.

This is true.  My best rounds are those where I'm able pretty much blank my mind.  It's not even a focus thing or concentration, at least.  It's having a quiet mind.  This is when I understand what people mean when they talk about the Zen aspects of golf.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mreaves said:

This is true.  My best rounds are those where I'm able pretty much blank my mind.  It's not even a focus thing or concentration, at least.  It's having a quiet mind.  This is when I understand what people mean when they talk about the Zen aspects of golf.

How did your first time out go?