Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021 Golf Thread

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

22 hours ago, Hoth said:

I slipped a disk watching DeChambeau on the practice tee yesterday. Ridiculous power, weird mechanics.

from what i understand that's a "speed" drill he does on occasion to get his swing speed as high as it can be w/o regard for ball flight. 

but yeah i be afraid i'd never swing a golf club again after that, but his iron/short game is better than people give him credit for

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

What 5 guys would you pick to win? I have to fill out my card tonight and looking for some help. I have Rory and Koepka so far, need 3 more. I like Finau too. There was one year where you took Ricky Fowler every time as it seemed he was in the running every week. Even if he didn't win he gave you some points.

think you have to add bryson, his short game is better than people think. DJ just because, dark horse westwood (but his putting always lets him down) need a good putter which is why i might event consider Reed as much as I hate him. BTW did you see they paired him with berger 1st two rounds who's called him out for cheating before. love it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S&P said:

i have him in my pool as a dark horse, cant bend his knee though, so i have my doubts but the guy always plays big in majors

I read something where he said his knee hurt when walking downhill.  That gives me pause because of how hilly Augusta is.

Just now, mreaves said:

Rory has struggled.  If I remember correctly, he was playing pretty well before the shutdown last year.  He has some sort of mental block going on right now..

He likes to do this. Blow up on day 1 and then claw his way back into it rounds 2-4.

10 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

He likes to do this. Blow up on day 1 and then claw his way back into it rounds 2-4.

Yeah.  It looks like conditions aren't letting anyone go deep today at least so he won't be completely out of it.

I just say Vijay chip in for triple from behind the green on 15.  In my regular group, that counts as a 0 putt so it would be the best of a bad situation since we play low, gross, low net and low putts. 

Just now, mreaves said:

Yeah.  It looks like conditions aren't letting anyone go deep today at least so he won't be completely out of it.

I just say Vijay chip in for triple from behind the green on 15.  In my regular group, that counts as a 0 putt so it would be the best of a bad situation since we play low, gross, low net and low putts. 

I like games like that which can keep all skill levels engaged. That's why I always liked bingo bango bongo so much when I was getting into the game. I was rarely the first to hole out, but I could certainly be first on or closest to the pin once I finally got on the green.

25 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Players are struggling atm. This is what the Masters should be though. 

Sort of but not US Open like. Not that I’m saying it’s like that. One of the things I love about the Master’s is the risk/reward nature and the fact that you can score if you play well. 

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

I like games like that which can keep all skill levels engaged. That's why I always liked bingo bango bongo so much when I was getting into the game. I was rarely the first to hole out, but I could certainly be first on or closest to the pin once I finally got on the green.

We usually have 8-12 guys. Everyone ponies up $3. $1 for gross, $1 for net and $1 for low putts. We also have games within each foursome. 

12 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Sort of but not US Open like. Not that I’m saying it’s like that. One of the things I love about the Master’s is the risk/reward nature and the fact that you can score if you play well. 

US Open is a different kind of struggle with deep rough while this more of a shot placement difficulty. You miss in the wrong spot and it’s an easy bogey.  Love it.

13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

US Open is a different kind of struggle with deep rough while this more of a shot placement difficulty. You miss in the wrong spot and it’s an easy bogey.  Love it.

Definitely and if you’re on, you can score. It tests all aspects of a player’s game including adaptability. 

15 hours ago, mreaves said:

Rory has struggled.  If I remember correctly, he was playing pretty well before the shutdown last year.  He has some sort of mental block going on right now..

two way miss not good

21 hours ago, mreaves said:

I have the tournament up on my second screen (thank you WFH).  Some of the greens already have the beginnings of that slightly dry, brownish sheen, at least when viewed from above.  Of course they are only televising 4,5 & 6 right now. 

i think that the powers that be didn't like DJ's -20 in the fall and were going to make the course firm and fast regardless.

1 hour ago, S&P said:

i think that the powers that be didn't like DJ's -20 in the fall and were going to make the course firm and fast regardless.

Greens are slick, I saw one guy putting for an eagle from about 30 feet, he just tapped the ball and it zoomed past the hole, off the green into the water. He ended up going from putting for eagle to a bogey.