Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2021 Golf Thread

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

29 minutes ago, kdxken said:

First round complete. Bay point in Onset. Conditions weren't half bad! Fairways were dry and the greens were rolling pretty well.

While not great I will take an 88. Short game killed me.

Not bad, I'd take it, my local course is opening this week so hope to get out soon.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Professional Lurker said:

Played my first 9 yesterday. Missed a 5 footer for a birdie on the first hole. Got a triple on the last. Lol.

Made good contact and was able to work the ball surprisingly well considering i haven't swung a club since early November.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Seems the first couple of weeks I stay true to fundamentals, nice easy swing, slow everything down. Then after a decent round or two I try ramping it up and it ends up making things worse.

1 minute ago, DavisStraight said:

Seems the first couple of weeks I stay true to fundamentals, nice easy swing, slow everything down. The after a decent round or two I try ramping it up and it ends up making things worse.

I always look at it as if I just forgot all the bad habits I developed over the previous season. 

1 minute ago, mreaves said:

I always look at it as if I just forgot all the bad habits I developed over the previous season. 

Good way to look at it but I pick up the bad habits easy, I'm going to try and hit the range more often this year, really helped my game when I used to stop by a couple times and week and hit a bucket.

Just now, DavisStraight said:

Good way to look at it but I pick up the bad habits easy, I'm going to try and hit the range more often this year, really helped my game when I used to stop by a coupled times and week and hit a bucket.

Oh, they come back, usually with a vengeance. 

2 hours ago, Professional Lurker said:

I find that my game typically peaks in June. ...by August, sometimes I feel like I forgot how to play.

Funny you say that because I'm similar, I seemed to lose it and struggle through August but usually find it again by the end of the year.

12 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Funny you say that because I'm similar, I seemed to lose it and struggle through August but usually find it again by the end of the year.

I’m usually better early in the season after a winter of watching youtube videos and working on my body movements in the mirror lol...but then I start tweaking too much mid season so I eventually go out of wack fading down the stretch. 

29 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m usually better early in the season after a winter of watching youtube videos and working on my body movements in the mirror lol...but then I start tweaking too much mid season so I eventually go out of wack fading down the stretch. 

Are you one of those guys that watch the golf informercials and buy the latest great club? I have so many of those useless clubs, I have a bag full.

2 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

Are you one of those guys that watch the golf informercials and buy the latest great club? I have so many of those useless clubs, I have a bag full.

No, I’m not. I’ve had the same clubs for maybe 10 years but had them regripped. One day I’ll get custom fitted. I just watch pointers/lessons on youtube and work on them in the mirror or in the garage over the winter so when the season begins I’m focused on them...but as the season rolls along I get away from it and tweak too much. Simplyfing the game works better for me but I get too technical the more I play. 

No, I’m not. I’ve had the same clubs for maybe 10 years but had them regripped. One day I’ll get custom fitted. I just watch pointers/lessons on youtube and work on them in the mirror or in the garage over the winter so when the season begins I’m focused on them...but as the season rolls along I get away from it and tweak too much. Simplyfing the game works better for me but I get too technical the more I play. 
Regrip them yourself. It's easy!

26 minutes ago, Professional Lurker said:

Regrip them yourself. It's easy!

I’m going to do that at some point this spring. My clubs are 12 years old. I keep saying I’m going to get new ones but just never seem to get around to it. 

Responding to an earlier Runaway post, I am generally just being self-depreciating about my game. My biggest problems are a lack of consistency and a lack of portability in my game. I can get around my home track decently because I know every nook and cranny. I often struggle when I travel. 

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

I’m going to do that at some point this spring. My clubs are 12 years old. I keep saying I’m going to get new ones but just never seem to get around to it. 

Responding to an earlier Runaway post, I am generally just being self-depreciating about my game. My biggest problems are a lack of consistency and a lack of portability in my game. I can get around my home track decently because I know every nook and cranny. I often struggle when I travel. 

We all lack consistency though. I can go into a several hole stretch of good golf then completely lose it. Part of the fun is figuring out how to get it back. Sometimes it’s not until I’m driving home from the course though when I think I know what to do to fix i...then the next round rolls around and I already forgot ha. 

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We all lack consistency though. I can go into a several hole stretch of good golf then completely lose it. Part of the fun is figuring out how to get it back. Sometimes it’s not until I’m driving home from the course though when I think I know what to do to fix i...then the next round rolls around and I already forgot ha. 

I've played good golf for 8 holes and lost it on the ninth. I was at 34 with a par 4 ninth to play and got a 9 for a 43, should have broke 40 easily.

SI am always looking for teacher tips, I follow this guy on insta, mike bender, does a nice job . I have a problem with the sway on the backswing, this particular lesson he teaches the turn to avoid the sway. He is based out of Lake Mary Florida. Gonna have the wife gift me some lessons from him when we get down there. 

Can’t seem to get this link to work 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNK7NFoMjdf/?igshid=3zxvdzcx9d56

• Like 1

3 hours ago, S&P said:

SI am always looking for teacher tips, I follow this guy on insta, mike bender, does a nice job . I have a problem with the sway on the backswing, this particular lesson he teaches the turn to avoid the sway. He is based out of Lake Mary Florida. Gonna have the wife gift me some lessons from him when we get down there. 

Can’t seem to get this link to work 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNK7NFoMjdf/?igshid=3zxvdzcx9d56

I have that problem with the sway too, lose a lot of distance.

Of course one can go with any of the big dogs but I will go with someone in the tier below in Cantlay. He’s been on a great run especially from T2G. I like him alot in this spot and I’ll be heavy on him in my dfs lineups. 

A bit of a darkhorse but has been on another good stretch so he is gaining traction is Conners. He typically plays well at Augusta so he has the experience to back his recent play.