Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Long Range Discussion

stormtracker

55 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

I don’t care what anyone says. This is the worst time of the year. 

It's kind of depressing, but I push through it. Not because winter is over, but because now I have months and months of outside work to do, in relentless heat and humidity, and goddamn bugs. Whether it snows or not during winter, I love having to do nothing outside. Too bad our summers are endless, and winters fleeting.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

It's kind of depressing, but I push through it. Not because winter is over, but because now I have months and months of outside work to do, in relentless heat and humidity, and goddamn bugs. Whether it snows or not during winter, I love having to do nothing outside. Too bad our summers are endless, and winters fleeting.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Ya know...this one is tougher to get over for some reason. I think it's because previously...we knew every 3-4 years we'd get an above average winter. But now we're at 5 years...no warning level here. That has to be a bit unprecedented (unless that span in the 70s was similar). So it doesn't feel like just this winter...but future ones could be jeopardy, and I honestly have no idea how to deal with that (can't move). I guess we gotta wait a little longer to say for sure if it's a trend Spring arrival...while pleasant...is a little depressing this year, because it's kind of a reminder of what we just missed.

All that being said...since 2016, we've had 3 la ninas...and one neutral with a hostile ++++AO which doesn't help. But this year...can we say blocking doesn't mean diddly squat anymore? Eh, probably not the truth, but dang that stings.

....So how's next winter looking? Lol

• Like 1

I love outside work and I love long days with short nights. I love tending to my garden and swimming and late-evening happy hours outside. Winter is fun until about January 20, which is about when you know that the winter will suck, then you just deal with it until the days get longer and warmer.

I’m not a fan of March weather, but I am a fan of what it portends. Bring it.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I love outside work and I love long days with short nights. I love tending to my garden and swimming and late-evening happy hours outside. Winter is fun until about January 20, which is about when you know that the winter will suck, then you just deal with it until the days get longer and warmer.

I’m not a fan of March weather, but I am a fan of what it portends. Bring it.

Agreed. The next few months are great. Longer days and great weather before the heat of summer. Winter is great only when it snows. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don't know.. there's not much going on in weather. I think we should be on space.. tear us up against the elements lol. unnatural evolution. A lot of future planning I think... (fear?) 

Something about weather.. it's going to get too damn warm. If we hit 80, what can we only get to like 90 in the Summer max?