Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Long Range Discussion

stormtracker

Just now, losetoa6 said:

I think the airport was 8-10" I heard at last check  . Should snow all day there

Cheyenne getting smoked 18-20" otg

The airport had 11, but it seems to be a fluke compared to rest of Denver Metro. Most of the city woke up to like 2 to 4 inches, and even if they get another 6 to 8 (latest forecast) today, it will be a pretty major bust.  Can you imagine if that had happened here ---  If we had models a few days ago showing we could get  60 inches of snow, and official forecasts was for 20, and and then we woke up to 2 to 4 inches. :lol:

1 hour ago, Ji said:
3 hours ago, clskinsfan said:
The traffic cams from the Wheatland, WY area are insane. True whiteout conditions. I dont think you can see 10 feet there right now. 

Looks like a bust in lamarie? Visibility is way too good

Denver doing pretty well today, trying to avoid a complete bust after not much happening last night.

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/colorado/denver/?cam=denver

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Denver doing pretty well today, trying to avoid a complete bust after not much happening last night.

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/colorado/denver/?cam=denver

Denver is getting crushed. They are now at 3rd highest daily snowfall ever and will likely pass #2 within the hour. Doubt they match 2003 (31.2"), but still impressive after last nights false start. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Lol even out west can’t live up to snow totals 

They are doing just fine actually. Tons of 1-2' totals as of Noon. One snotel station in the Laramie Range has 52.5" as of this afternoon on 3.5" LE. They are getting crushed now. It was delayed, but not denied. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, donsutherland1 said:

Time: 2021-03-14T12:00:00Z UTC
Event: 52.5 HEAVY SNOW
Source: PARK/FOREST SRVC
Remark: WINDY PEAK SNOTEL IN THE LARAMIE RANGE. ELEVATION 7900 FEET. SNOW WATER EQUIVALENT IS 3.5 INCHES AND THE SNOW TO LIQUID RATIO USED WAS 15 TO 1. ACCUMULATION WAS OVER PAST 24 HOURS.

From Central/Western Forum

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Denver up to boulder to Cheyenne getting crushed man .

Took a while to get that dry slot further east but since this morning the upslope trajectory has been pretty ideal for Denver metro. Radar has looked more and more impressive. Satellite image is beautiful on COD. Tried to post it but the file is too big and I cant be bothered deleting images lol.

I brought the snow magnet with me in Estes Park. We had a solid morning. Got to walk down into town in like a foot of snow, but it has been flurries for hours now while just NE of town getting crushed. Mesos showed that snow bowl over me, but was hoping it wouldn't verify. Oh well. Still a fun time so far. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Wentzadelphia said:

I brought the snow magnet with me in Estes Park. We had a solid morning. Got to walk down into town in like a foot of snow, but it has been flurries for hours now while just NE of town getting crushed. Mesos showed that snow bowl over me, but was hoping it wouldn't verify. Oh well. Still a fun time so far. 

You have to set up on the windward side of the ridges in upslope scenarios. 

Late week storm looking more elongated. h5 vorticity becomes stretched out and a weak secondary wave forms. Hopefully we can get a decent amount of rain on the front end while the initial low is still intact in the OV and the secondary wave moves east. Any chance of frozen is on the backside and appears to be associated with the leftover energy from the initial low, but that is weakening and getting squashed south more each run by a wall of high pressure.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic