Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Long Range Discussion

stormtracker

59 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

If it’s gonna be a 25 degree storm with 4+“ of snow, sign me up. If it’s a 32 degree storm that immediately shoots to 40 as soon as it stops, then give me today. It’s extremely nice outside.

Agree.  And you should enjoy today.  Many of us couldn’t get a 25 degree storm with 4 inches all winter.  No reason to think that changes in March.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

If it’s gonna be a 25 degree storm with 4+“ of snow, sign me up. If it’s a 32 degree storm that immediately shoots to 40 as soon as it stops, then give me today. It’s extremely nice outside.

but you're thinking about it the wrong way...there is going to be a storm there either way.  It's not going to be 60 degrees and sunny.  What if your choices are 32 and snow that quickly melts or a 40 degree rainy day.  Think of it that way and its different.  

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

but you're thinking about it the wrong way...there is going to be a storm there either way.  It's not going to be 60 degrees and sunny.  What if your choices are 32 and snow that quickly melts or a 40 degree rainy day.  Think of it that way and its different.  

I’d rather have the 40 degree rainy day. At that point I’m not saying “what if” or “I wish ...”. Remember my screen name is Winter weather lover. Drip, drip, drip is depressing for me. I like frozen, frozen, frozen LOL. When there’s no snow and no chance for snow it’s easier psychologically.

• Weenie 1

Meh idc if it’s 90 degrees before or after the storm. Give me a foot of snow in July and I’m happy. Snow falling and accumulating is what I follow this hobby for. Snow cover in March will still melt even if it’s below freezing with the sun angle. Today’s eps total snow members. Not much to be excited about I guess...the cmc has probably the best looking pattern around day 9-10

8FFCB4F6-7000-42B4-8A0C-9E535D6878DF.png

0A8746BE-1652-4A3C-9865-55536C135DFE.png

9 hours ago, Ji said:
16 hours ago, Deck Pic said:
This was fun...I think IAD got 5" in 3-4 hours...

IAD,1984-03-08 22:16,KIAD 082216Z 34015G23KT 1/4SM +TSSNPL OVC002 A2987 RMK R01RVR06V18 TB12 OVHD-S MOVG E LTGICCG SLPNO

I remember that

me too.  It was puking snow with thunder and lightning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StormchaserChuck! said:

Do you know that we are at a record now of cold 10mb

10mb9065.png

It usually goes right to +AO, no lag. 

I’m glad this happened in March  Instead of happening in January  And the diagram that you’re presenting it also coincide when we had a negative a AO -3 to -4  at Times

3 hours ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Meh idc if it’s 90 degrees before or after the storm. Give me a foot of snow in July and I’m happy. Snow falling and accumulating is what I follow this hobby for. Snow cover in March will still melt even if it’s below freezing with the sun angle. Today’s eps total snow members. Not much to be excited about I guess...the cmc has probably the best looking pattern around day 9-10

8FFCB4F6-7000-42B4-8A0C-9E535D6878DF.png

0A8746BE-1652-4A3C-9865-55536C135DFE.png

Give me 15 or 26 and we can move on to spring.  

4 hours ago, Dabuckeyes said:

Or Jason Garrett coaching for the Cowboys

4 hours ago, Yeoman said:

That too! He'll still be clapping, though

Small world...

Serious here...no joke, but I knew Jason Garrett long ago.  He went to my high school in the Cleveland, OH area (University School).  He was a year ahead of me.  His younger brother was in my grade and also played football.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deck Pic said:

me too.  It was puking snow with thunder and lightning.

That must have been the same clipper-type storm that I remember we got in Ohio on March 8, 1984.  Largest accumulation I ever saw from a clipper, we got 8" and it was in the teens that day.  That was a great couple of weeks in the area.  After a mostly very mild February, it turned much cold near the end of the month through March, then we got hammered by a big storm Feb 27-29, 1984 (16" snow!), followed by that clipper on Mar. 8.  The record lows for the following couple of days (Mar. 9 and 10, 1984...including -5 on the 9th) still stand.

1 hour ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

That must have been the same clipper-type storm that I remember we got in Ohio on March 8, 1984.  Largest accumulation I ever saw from a clipper, we got 8" and it was in the teens that day.  That was a great couple of weeks in the area.  After a mostly very mild February, it turned much cold near the end of the month through March, then we got hammered by a big storm Feb 27-29, 1984 (16" snow!), followed by that clipper on Mar. 8.  The record lows for the following couple of days (Mar. 9 and 10, 1984...including -5 on the 9th) still stand.

it was a clipper...put down some 10" plus totals just to our northeast as it developed along the coast.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

I definitely hate Summer temps above 90/70. I'm use to it all these years working in it but each year I dislike it that much more . I've worked outside with highs in the low teens and starting the day with below 0 . Ill take that over big heat every single time . 

This weekend will be perfect for getting some pre-Spring yard work done. Clean up the leaves that blew back into the yard, and put some new mulch down. Maybe some Preen. No sweat, no bugs.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Definitely no sweating or bugs . Looks breezy Friday through Saturday morning.  Have to see if that materializes.  Mostly dry except for a outside shot at a snow shower. 

Yeah wind is about the only thing to track the next few days lol. It will certainly feel like winter this weekend, but under full March sun it should be pretty comfortable for outside activities during the day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

This weekend will be perfect for getting some pre-Spring yard work done. Clean up the leaves that blew back into the yard, and put some new mulch down. Maybe some Preen. No sweat, no bugs.

Might get out today and do some yard work. Had several large trees removed and stumps grounded. CAPE can you recommend what to do with the grindings?  

I am thinking I can use them in the back of my property for natural mulch as they hopefully break down over time, I do not want to use them right next to the house because I read there can be termite issues. Have to research that more. Thanks 

And wow, it looks great next Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. And finally some drying.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, frd said:

Might get out today and do some yard work. Had several large trees removed and stumps grounded. CAPE can you recommend what to do with the grindings?  

I am thinking I can use them in the back of my property for natural mulch as they hopefully break down over time, I do not want to use them right next to the house because I read there can be termite issues. Have to research that more. Thanks 

And wow, it looks great next Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. And finally some drying.  

Ive used it for mulch but yes you don’t want to put it near the house just in case. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic