Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Long Range Discussion

stormtracker

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

I will await Psu's obligatory dissertation style reply explaining how ENSO state really doesn't have much influence on our weather outcomes anymore. :whistle:

It surely does. Has been a huge factor for a long time.  I move on to next winter and see what the Pac has to offer.  I don't care about the AO or the NAO all I want is a frigid Canada and then a great Pac.  IMHO Going to take miracles for us to get decent snowstorms in the future.        

9 minutes ago, frd said:

It surely does. Has been a huge factor for a long time.  I move on to next winter and see what the Pac has to offer.  I don't care about the AO or the NAO all I want is a frigid Canada and then a great Pac.  IMHO Going to take miracles for us to get decent snowstorms in the future.        

I agree with you that the Pacific is the bigger player. I don’t agree about the miracles part

17 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Totally serious here ... just a matter of time. Sometime in the next 3 weeks we will track a winter event. Winter just typically doesn’t end this early.

According to this guy.....we are still in winter......

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Would have posted to banter but weather isn’t discussed there. Total insanity. Last few hours of obs at Mount Washington 

F9FF6F5E-77A6-432A-9F5E-9B6A933B8BF1.thumb.jpeg.3f5cccfa30146b11571e38851a2c5f8c.jpeg

That is amazing.  Isn't the U.S.  record for WInd Chill somewhere below -200 on Mt Washington? 

4 minutes ago, Amped said:

Yeah should have read the rest of the chart.

I've always thought Mt. Washington was where the lowest temps in the US have been reported.  Just did a search and found this: "The coldest temperature recorded in the contiguous U.S. is 70 degrees below zero, measured at Rogers Pass, Montana, on Jan. 20, 1954. Not sure if it was the coldest but Mt Washington NH had a wind chill of 102 below f about 20 yrs ago. It was 35 below f with a wind speed of 95 mph."  I too thought the record was colder than this.  Then again, us humans tend to exaggerate from time to time, especially when it comes to weather.:snowing:

1 hour ago, IceCAPS said:

I've always thought Mt. Washington was where the lowest temps in the US have been reported.  Just did a search and found this: "The coldest temperature recorded in the contiguous U.S. is 70 degrees below zero, measured at Rogers Pass, Montana, on Jan. 20, 1954. Not sure if it was the coldest but Mt Washington NH had a wind chill of 102 below f about 20 yrs ago. It was 35 below f with a wind speed of 95 mph."  I too thought the record was colder than this.  Then again, us humans tend to exaggerate from time to time, especially when it comes to weather.:snowing:

:-)  We were talking about it on a work call this morning and a guy I work with told me that it was -231 or something like that.  Not sure how you measure that especially since a lot of really old equipment might not be able to stand up to those conditions. I'll ask him where he got that nugget from.  He kind of is a CLiff Claven, but i agree that this is a little fishy. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic