• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Long Range Discussion

stormtracker

0z Euro at least keeps things interesting for next weekend? Slightly better ridge to the west coupled with a slightly farther W trough. It's still an OTS miss but this run it was a 986 mb low 200-300 miles from where we'd want it. 12z had a ~1005mb lp 500+ miles offshore. Still substantially far out so it's at least of interest. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Baltimorewx said:

You wouldn’t cancel winter if you lived in Florida. Thanks for your input. It’s useless 

What you said here and the comment before this was completely uncalled for and you should be ashamed of yourself. You are not being a troll. You’re being a dick. There’s a big difference. As somebody who’s been here a long while, his input is far more valued and listened to than yours. I can assure you of that.

Come on man. Take your lack of snow misery out on somebody who cares or post your nonsense in the banter thread / panic room. @losetoa6  is a class act and has a plethora of knowledge - which he happily shares with the greater masses. What exactly do you contribute that you feel you can treat a veteran member in such a manner? Besides endless doomsday prediction and plugging your personal webpage that nobody in here has joined. If I’m not mistaken, losetoa6 has roughly 45” of snow on the year - which is what? 4x your annual snowfall to date? It’s not a competition, but the point is that nearly every single storm has gone his way. We’ve watched storm after storm look bad for our area, just to trend our direction around day 5-6. Why would he simply give up on a storm / winter as a whole when it’s been one of the best around our parts since 2010? Over 30” fell here in roughly 20 days. We had over a month of consecutive snow cover. No offense man, but unlike you, we are not mentally exhausted or defeated from chasing digital snow that never came to fruition. It did here. Why not keep tracking until our chances are truly dead in the water? There’s nothing to lose and a 50” season (during a Niña winter nonetheless) to gain. That may not matter much to your miserable self, but here’s a news flash…. he (and the weather) don’t care about your feelings.  

Loseto is excellent at sniffing out the mid range threat, is solid at evaluating trends, and could literally dance circles around you on the nitty gritty details of a particular storm or pattern. You seem to gather what others have to say, pick the worst case scenario, and then make people pay to read it.

Do yourself a giant favor. Grow up a bit, get yourself together, and show some damn respect to somebody who is both a good guy and valued member of this forum. Lashing out at him out of snow jealousy is just plain sad dude. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

I've seen many many worse winters out here than this one.  Not great, but ok.  Prolonged cool weather.  No big or prolonged torch.  Good 24 day stretch of snow cover in my new location, but a far cry from that from winchester south.

It looks done in the snow department,  now I hope only for occasional cold shots to keep the grass, weeds, bugs, and flowers dormant as long as possible. 

Remember, this is the year of the cicadas. Brood X. Those bugs are coming

16 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Happy to see this.  I really don't want a chilly/cloudy March where its mid 40s and drizzling for days on end.  

Totally with you there!  Either give me a chance at our triple phaser...or torch me at sunny and warm. B)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Sunday is the legit last chance. Everything points to warmth around mid March. It's been a good winter out here. Anytime I break climo I am not going to complain. 

Been decent. I’m a little below climo (mine has been around 33-35 since I’ve lived here). Gets a C from me. Average snow but you can’t take off from Dec 16 until Jan 31 and get a better grade

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Totally serious here ... just a matter of time. Sometime in the next 3 weeks we will track a winter event. Winter just typically doesn’t end this early.

Only 288 hours away.  On the Euro control.  You know I love you man, but it’s almost time to pull the plug. I still have the window a tiny bit cracked.  I mean for you, you def should give up for your area. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Only 288 hours away.  On the Euro control.  You know I love you man, but it’s almost time to pull the plug. I still have the window a tiny bit cracked.  I mean for you, you def should give up for your area. 

close this thread

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, stormtracker said:

Shit. That should have said SHOULDN'T give up for your area 

• Haha 4
  • Weenie 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic