Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Long Range Discussion

stormtracker

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

So are the rules that the long range discussion thread is only allowed to discuss winter weather? That’s not in the title. Spring is arriving. Which is weather related. Seems insane to have separate long range threads tracking the different kinds of weather we get in the spring.

Yes. I am ready for spring. One last snow and I'm good. It is a long range thread after all. 

SPRING IS COMING

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

It's still winter . With reasonable snow chances for 3 more weeks cities included . There's a spring thread . Take this " it's over crap" there or better yet in banter is all many of us ask . That's all . 

I don’t see any reasonable snow chances for the cities...does climo argue that we should still watch March? Sure. But the pattern looks bleak and verbatim I don’t see much that qualifies as a chance. I can see why you’re still invested. You live in the elevated boondocks that have about 35 more inches of snow that I do this year. But for the low lands is pretty much done. I don’t even care if I get some mix that puts down 1” or less again. But I don’t even see that in the cards right now looking ahead. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

If you wanna be an eternal optimist then fine, and based on your area maybe that’s a reasonable way to be but for some of us, let us be realists. That’s all we ask. 

So what you're saying is that winter sucked and the pattern sucks and it won't snow in my yard is a worthy post in the mid long range thread and not in banter?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

And to be clear, my opinion is if the long range looks warm and there are no snow chances then sure that's worthy of posting in here but the crybaby whining about winters over or my winter sucked and I don't care shit isn't worthy of posting in here. But that isn't new...it happens every year every season it's what we do. The board should be renamed " Misery loves company wx"

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I don’t see any reasonable snow chances for the cities...does climo argue that we should still watch March? Sure. But the pattern looks bleak and verbatim I don’t see much that qualifies as a chance. I can see why you’re still invested. You live in the elevated boondocks that have about 35 more inches of snow that I do this year. But for the low lands is pretty much done. I don’t even care if I get some mix that puts down 1” or less again. But I don’t even see that in the cards right now looking ahead. 

Better chance in March than December.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, notvirga! said:

I was 12 during the blizzard of 93 (superstorm triple phaser). Lived in Frederick county Va with some elevation so it was a terrific event there and my favorite storm of all time. Dad and I  took a “Jeb walk” in the height of the storm with raging winds and heavy snow. At the time there was 12 inches plus and we ended up with around 20-22 inches. Capon Bridge and Gore had even more snow 30 inches plus due to less sleet. Dec ‘92 capon bridge had another 2 feet from that monster nor Easter 

Yeah I was 15.. living in Dundalk at the time.  We had about 11 inches and a lot of sleet.. this marked the beginning of my hobby.. first time I ever heard the term "weather model"

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

And to be clear, my opinion is if the long range looks warm and there are no snow chances then sure that's worthy of posting in here but the crybaby whining about winters over or my winter sucked and I don't care shit isn't worthy of posting in here. But that isn't new...it happens every year every season it's what we do. The board should be renamed " Misery loves company wx"

06z GFS wants me to bring Lowcountry weather back from HHI at the end of the run. I wouldn't be mad about it. 

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

This?

Where is the rule tho? From me or staff.  You said there was a rule.  The issue it seems was that an interloper slithered in to tell us what to talk about  I mean for me that was the main issue.   

Last time I checked only admins set the rules here and i do t recall making any rule that only certain type of weather could be talked about on a weather board?

• Like 2

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I mean this is not an ugly look right here:

Next weekend definitely has some interesting features on the ensembles as well. Scandi Ridge is strong and there could be a 50/50 in play. But we get screwed by the PNA leading in to it. If that can relax a bit and we start out with colder air it could maybe happen. There's a very marginal snow signal on the 24 hour EPS snowfall charts.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I mean this is not an ugly look right here:

500h_anom.na.png

That look could be interesting.  If that inter-mountain ridge were less broad and/or a little farther west to allow the downstream trough to dig more, perhaps that could lead to something?  I honestly haven't looked at the ensembles (EPS or GEFS), so not sure what those indicate for that first weekend of March.

55 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Where is the rule tho? From me or staff.  You said there was a rule.  The issue it seems was that an interloper slithered in to tell us what to talk about  I mean for me that was the main issue.   

Last time I checked only admins set the rules here and i do t recall making any rule that only certain type of weather could be talked about on a weather board?

I wasn't saying there was a RULE but there are people in this thread telling people to take any warm weather talk elsewhere. Which is bullshit. Since this is a long range thread. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic