Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Member Location Information

WinterWxLuvr

15 minutes ago, mappy said:

I'll pull member totals who have shared from our thread for sure.

In years past, I have pulled data from CoCoRaHs and from here http://xmacis.rcc-acis.org/

Does it help if we look up amounts using that resource you just shared and post here or PM you to include with our location amounts? I was too lazy to officially measure any snowfall this season but just discovered a station on the other side of my neighborhood that would be close enough.

EDIT:  DERP, never mind -- forgot about the actual snow totals thread, I will throw it over there.

11 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Does it help if we look up amounts using that resource you just shared and post here or PM you to include with our location amounts? I was too lazy to officially measure any snowfall this season but just discovered a station on the other side of my neighborhood that would be close enough.

EDIT:  DERP, never mind -- forgot about the actual snow totals thread, I will throw it over there.

Just put what you think you have in the snow totals thread. Ill populate my data table with whatever people have posted.

I don't think everyone who is on the member map has listed their totals, so ill have data gaps, which i will fill with other resources.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, baldereagle said:

Thanks for doing this! If it's not too late, here are my two locations on the Eastern Shore.....

1)  39.15 N 76.12 W

2)  38.25 N 76.05 W

Upper and lower shore, Kent and Dorchester. 

Thanks, I'll get it added.

32 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Two questions. One, can we add a location? Two do you have to sign in to Google to use the map? 

Not sure you can add any locations, only I can. But no, you do not need to be signed in to view it. I was able to view it without signing in. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mappy said:

Thanks, I'll get it added.

Not sure you can add any locations, only I can. But no, you do not need to be signed in to view it. I was able to view it without signing in. 

What I meant was can I send you a second set of coordinates? Sorry

Also, when I went to the map, I could see the locations but when I clicked on them nothing happens. Is it because I’m doing it on a phone?

15 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

What I meant was can I send you a second set of coordinates? Sorry

Also, when I went to the map, I could see the locations but when I clicked on them nothing happens. Is it because I’m doing it on a phone?

Yes, you can post another set of coordinates and I can add them with the few others that have been listed since this morning.

Probably. This is what it looks like for me when I click a name, when viewing on my desktop (I signed out of google to test this, so you could see what it looks like)

image.thumb.png.dc07df5e24bff7076ad7705fb178c46a.png

32 minutes ago, mappy said:

Yes, you can post another set of coordinates and I can add them with the few others that have been listed since this morning.

Probably. This is what it looks like for me when I click a name, when viewing on my desktop (I signed out of google to test this, so you could see what it looks like)

image.thumb.png.dc07df5e24bff7076ad7705fb178c46a.png

Ok thanks. Will send coordinates once I’m over there later today

Thank you, indeed, @mappy, for putting this together. I know you've done this post-winter snow total maps in past years, but this is the first year I've paid closer attention to what others around the sub have been getting in terms of total snow accums for the season (not necessarily those of us here in the NoVA snow anus). I've had a general idea of where members are if/when they include their locations with their avatars/profiles...but this map makes a HUGE difference to better understand the differences in conditions between us lowlanders and the N/W tier folks. Again...I realize this is volunteered time, so your efforts are appreciated.

37 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Thank you, indeed, @mappy, for putting this together. I know you've done this post-winter snow total maps in past years, but this is the first year I've paid closer attention to what others around the sub have been getting in terms of total snow accums for the season (not necessarily those of us here in the NoVA snow anus). I've had a general idea of where members are if/when they include their locations with their avatars/profiles...but this map makes a HUGE difference to better understand the differences in conditions between us lowlanders and the N/W tier folks. Again...I realize this is volunteered time, so your efforts are appreciated.

you're welcome! this was fairly easy to do, the snow map will be fun and challenging. Happy to do it!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic