Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Member Location Information

WinterWxLuvr

6 hours ago, mappy said:

Going to load them into GIS first and see what kind of clustering I have. Dot density probably makes the most sense, no way will I be able to label each point with a member name, but might be able to do dot density, with a key somewhere listing who falls into each area. If you have suggestions, I am all ears!

Perhaps something akin to this? Google Maps let's you import a spreadsheet and it'll automatically plot all the points with the labels you gave them. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

Perhaps something akin to this? Google Maps let's you import a spreadsheet and it'll automatically plot all the points with the labels you gave them. 

Something zoomable could be really nice, I agree! If people were relatively accurate (even if not precise locations) - you could see who your #wxnerd neighbors are! 

16 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

Thank you! I've imported KMZ/KML files from GIS to Google Earth before, but have never made a Google Map for the public to view. I'll have to look into that!

7 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

My vision for this map would be one where you have dots at everyone’s location that when you mouse over their name pops up and at the same time on the side you have a list of names where you can mouse over a name and the dot on the map enlarges. Does that make any sense?

so thats very doable, the problem is i don't have public access to AGOL to be able to do that without paying for it. My account is through work and I can't host a map like that on that account.

I am going to look into getting it on a Google Map that everyone can access. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Ill be able to create a link for it to share through my google drive account. will have it to you all soon! need to include today's entries and give others a chance to add theirs. 

The distribution of users is about as anybody would have expected. No huge surprises! Looking forward to the link! Thank you! 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic