Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Overperformer here. Stein dead imby. Webbed feet giving him natural selection over other humans right now.

1.15" and counting.

Can tell the ground is still frozen... just monster pooling of water on the ground everywhere.  Everyone is now a proud new owner of a swimming pool.

0.73 here today.

I know nobody wants to hear the Stein stuff, but I do think it’s a bit dry here.

My sump has barely run this month, and usually it’s running like 10x an hour if not more. My neighbors well also turns like somewhat artesian at this time of year with water flowing out of the well cap, also not happening this year.

Nothinf crazy, but def dry 

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

0.73 here today.

I know nobody wants to hear the Stein stuff, but I do think it’s a bit dry here.

My sump has barely run this month, and usually it’s running like 10x an hour if not more. My neighbors well also turns like somewhat artesian at this time of year with water flowing out of the well cap, also not happening this year.

Nothinf crazy, but def dry 

Yikes.

Hope you have multiple pumps and battery backup.

7 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yikes.

Yea thats not good, either the impeller is shot or the float is or the on off differential is set too short. Short circuiting like that will burn a pump out fast. My parents finished basement flooded to 7 feet in 1983 and 2010 when power failed. 

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea thats not good, either the impeller is shot or the float is or the on off differential is set too short. Short circuiting like that will burn a pump out fast. My parents finished basement flooded to 7 feet in 1983 and 2010 when power failed. 

Wut?  Did they live near a stream? 

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

I went into a house once that had water up to the top basement step, I almost walked into it but caught it in time. Indoor swimming pool.

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

Yikes.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

It’s a pretty elaborate system. 3 pumps. Main pump... backup and then if all else fails, a battery backup that can move several thousand gallons of water without issue.

The pump is operating as designed.... just a lot of groundwater at this time of year. Doesn’t run at all for most of the year outside the few spring months.

There is also two alarms attached to the system in case for some reason, all 3 pumps failed.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It’s a pretty elaborate system. 3 pumps. Main pump... backup and then if all else fails, a battery backup that can move several thousand gallons of water without issue.

The pump is operating as designed.... just a lot of groundwater at this time of year. Doesn’t run at all for most of the year outside the few spring months.

There is also two alarms attached to the system in case for some reason, all 3 pumps failed.

Cool