Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya they’re pretty much done after this warm period.  Very LIL snow left to groom now. And even if they pick up a couple feet...I don’t think they’ll resume any grooming due to the very late date. If it was a month ago...for sure they would have. 

If it happened last night, there are clubs in VT that would have been grooming. Woodford has had pretty good snow and I know guys who rode there yesterday. 

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Jeff, where were those pictures taken? 

Problem with this season, is they never really had a significant frozen base. So everybody knew that any real warmth or big rain in mid March, would wipe it out quick, as we see from these pictures. Unlike other years when there’s a huge frozen base, that can hang tough for weeks at the end. 

That was the difference here. That wet, heavy snow we got in January froze into a pretty good base that really helped us maintain a solid, but short season. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

What a stretch of high pressure with nary a cloud and very low moisture levels... the afternoon RH and diurnal ranges for 4-5 days?  Already around freezing outside for the night.

We are 50-50 melted out up here.  We'll be taking a dip in the river before long, ha.

March2021.jpg.6132af44f375ed2d135a746d94b8cf34.jpg

March2021b.jpg.177d55b913af185bf6c9ad85affc351e.jpg

Puppers is dreading the heat to come and hoping some piles hang on up high until July.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's a select cult in here that loves high dewpoints. Most people don't like them. We actually ran a poll in this subforum several years back and lower dewpoints overwhelmingly won. I can't stand them either. Utterly useless unless I'm at a pool party or something. They suck for biking, golfing, hiking, and being outside with my boys in the backyard. I'll take 80/50 all summer long if offered.

Maybe some here haven't seen real "high dews" like Augusta, GA in July.

I come from a place of high dews. The kind of weather where you need another shower by 9 AM sometimes.

I have no idea why anyone would want that, unless they didn't understand what "high dews" really meant.

16 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

These runs have all been consistent on a foot+ here. We will see. People keep saying it snows a lot here in March and April. Sure thing... it's full-on spring here now.

They are right

It can snow up there until May

I rather be up your way during any winter instead of being down here. Blocking doesn't happen every winter .

• Like 1