• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

42 degree diurnal swing yesterday and at least 43 today.

53/11 and today’s 62/19 (might have hit higher between hours).

It does feel insane to have the heat on at night and temps in the teens leaving the house in the morning, then opening windows in the afternoon because the sun is baking the living room.  The old heat in the car in the AM, then A/C in the PM air mass.

33 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

42 degree diurnal swing yesterday and at least 43 today.

53/11 and today’s 62/19 (might have hit higher between hours).

It does feel insane to have the heat on at night and temps in the teens leaving the house in the morning, then opening windows in the afternoon because the sun is baking the living room.  The old heat in the car in the AM, then A/C in the PM air mass.

New normal?

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

New normal?

Been solidly below normal this month at -2.0.  This will start chipping into it but with the high diurnal ranges it's not that warm all things considered.

Yesterday was a +12F on the max temp and a -9F on the minimum that averaged just a touch above normal.  That's the way to run a spring... warm above normal daytimes and cold, below normal nights.

Lost 17 degrees in one hour, and 25 degrees in under 2 hours this evening.  Temp just plummets when the sun goes down.  60F to 35F in a flash.

March21Drop.jpg.64c8cbfddce35c60620fbb0b62d26dc0.jpg

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Awesome views today.  Looking towards Alex and Phin's neck of the woods.

163310327_10104490454330390_367872933388

The last warm spell, Alex skied with me and when we were up at the top of west mtn, he showed me the backside views of Zealand Valley, and then pointed off to the WNW and said, that's Mt. Mansfield way off in the distance, say hi to PF!

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

6 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

I lived near the ocean, the solitude of a thunderous stormy winter day is top notch. Falling asleep to the sound of crashing wave after wave rocking you to sleep.  On huge wave da

High tide is 1300 feet away. Walked the beach this afternoon. The water was shimmering. Light wind, great view as far south southeast as Cape Elizabeth and northeast to Harpswell. Windows open at night so we hear the waves all year round. So soothing. What retirement is all about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Lost 17 degrees in one hour, and 25 degrees in under 2 hours this evening.  Temp just plummets when the sun goes down.  60F to 35F in a flash.

34 degree drop so far at MVL in the past 4 hours.  28/21 currently. Same 28F at the local PWS. Frozen again with muddy parking lots and wet snow now very crunchy...happens quickly with this dry air.

• Like 1

We heard some sort of frogs today in the Blue Hills. Must have been hundreds of them in a wet area or vernal pond. Much deeper sound than peepers. Also saw first snake of the season. Wonder if the rattlers have been out sunning themselves in the parking lots on Wood Road?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, HimoorWx said:

We heard some sort of frogs today in the Blue Hills. Must have been hundreds of them in a wet area or vernal pond. Much deeper sound than peepers. Also saw first snake of the season. Wonder if the rattlers have been out sunning themselves in the parking lots on Wood Road?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Probably wood frogs-- sound like quacking ducks.

• Like 1

Holy shit euro is a blizzard for next weeks storm. 1003 millibars in NE Virginia to 978 millibars right over Nantucket in just 24 hours. I can’t see the snow map or precip on tropical tidbits but looking at the upper level temps, and 500 millibar setup it screams blizzard. Thats a rain to blizzard April 1st 1997 setup on the Euro.

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 2