Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I had more snow that winter. Every storm seemed to overperform here that winter and ended with a nearly 17” March bomb. 

18-19 had twice as much here and about 3x the SDDs. It included the most recent "snow month" (DJFM) that Feb.  Nine straight BN snow months since then.   Did have AN snow in Nov-Apr-May last winter but that's a much lower bar than for DJFM.

Gorgeous day on the ice (17-18") at Flying Pond though the fishing was less wonderful.  Light airplane made a pass about 50 yards above the ice early in the afternoon and I saw a pair of eagles cavorting above the treetops as I was packing the truck to leave - obviously a mated couple.

• Like 1

This winter wasn’t anything special but it was way more exciting than the horrible 18-19 winter. This winter was average, 18-19 was well below with only 2 6+ storms and 1 12+ storm. That’s a ratter in my book. This winter at least in my area there were 2 12+ Storms, 3/4 6+ storms (I’m not entirely sure the October and Jan one were borderline, but The one in dec and 2 in feb were definitely 6+, with the last storm being borderline) in my area. Unlike that horrific winter this winter at least had a few smaller events on top of the couple of bigger ones (as is typical in moderate/strong la ninas) vs 2019 one bigger storm and one moderate one separated by 4 months, with not much in between. I would take this average winter again over that ratter winter and it’s not even close. We also had a much more favorable pattern this winter and if anything we underperformed the pattern with average snowfall. In my opinion 9/10 times this pattern would produce well above average snow in all of eastern mass. The 2019 pattern we never stood a chance with the storm track way to the west the whole year. 
Where's the three blizzards you said we were getting

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Torch !

With all the trees gone it's gonna be a hot one...

TOLLAND, CT — Eversource Energy Thursday pledged a $72 million investment in its ongoing tree-trimming and removal program for 2021. Nearly 100 miles of roads in Tolland are included in the program.

"The long-lasting effects of drought and the gypsy moth and emerald ash borer infestations have severely weakened trees .

Droughts, bugs, fires ...Why would anyone want to live there?

https://patch.com/connecticut/tolland/tolland-town-emphasis-eversource-tree-work-2021

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, kdxken said:

TOLLAND, CT — Eversource Energy Thursday pledged a $72 million investment in its ongoing tree-trimming and removal program for 2021. Nearly 100 miles of roads in Tolland are included in the program.

"The long-lasting effects of drought and the gypsy moth and emerald ash borer infestations have severely weakened trees .

https://patch.com/connecticut/tolland/tolland-town-emphasis-eversource-tree-work-2021

gypsymoth062315b.jpg

37 minutes ago, kdxken said:

It’s been a very difficult last 5-7 years from the River east into RI . That looks to continue this summer . Expecting a huge gypsy hatch next 3-4 weeks here on SE to RI. Nice pick up . Thanks for posting 

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

Also a lot of Karens and Kens (male Karens). Many of the Kens are "runners" too, I bet. I've noticed a correlation!

8 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s been a very difficult last 5-7 years from the River east into RI . That looks to continue this summer . Expecting a huge gypsy hatch next 3-4 weeks here on SE to RI. Nice pick up . Thanks for posting 

I think you are done with moths. Have you noticed any eggs? none here...