Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

20 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya, I didn’t know anything was possible last evening, so it was a surprise for me.  It’s gone now...but we add it in to the totals lol.  

Hey neighbor, Plainville here. I was shocked too when I woke up and saw the snow on the ground. Actually woke up around 4 in the morning and saw it. Looks like we'll be seeing some more late tomorrow night into Friday morning. Happy birthday to you enjoy your day man

But even the Euro fumbling around with that turd caught in amber off the Carolinas...

It's really one standard isohypses closure there causing all this onshore gale for the Cape of VA and Hatteras too...while bulging the low level pressure pattern enough to argue Tues and Wed might get muted for warmth significantly up here.  It is after all squarely in the 'behind the washroom at Shawshank' time of year so -

It is a spring climo aspect to see those turds.  But usually, the pattern commits to 3 contoured closures... This sorta kinda seems like they are being over sensitive. But jesus, a mere 'weakness' to cause a disproportionately larger sensible weather impact -

The Euro was also mischievous ...it has +12 850 mb temperature layout D9 and 10, but indiosyncratic pressure leaves everyone cold with BDs this or can't get the wind offshore for whatever reason it can find ...

ah hell - what were we smokin' anyway ...

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

But even the Euro fumbling around with that turd caught in amber off the Carolinas...

It's really one standard isohypses closure there causing all this onshore gale for the Cape of VA and Hatteras too...while bulging the low level pressure pattern enough to argue Tues and Wed might get muted for warmth significantly...

It is a spring climo aspect to see those turds.  But usually, the pattern commits to 3 contoured closures... This sorta kinda seems like they are being over sensitive. But jesus, a mere 'weakness' to cause a disproportionately larger sensible weather impact -

The Euro was also mischievous ...it has +12 850 mb temperature layout D9 and 10, but indiosyncratic pressure leaves every cold with BDs ...

ah hell - what were we smokin' anyway ...

We weren’t smoking anything...we know how spring works in SNE.

Hint: It ain’t to good for the most part. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Hey neighbor, Plainville here. I was shocked too when I woke up and saw the snow on the ground. Actually woke up around 4 in the morning and saw it. Looks like we'll be seeing some more late tomorrow night into Friday morning. Happy birthday to you enjoy your day man

I assume its already melted?

36 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Thanks pal...appreciate it. :-)

Ya, We’ll see how this thing Friday morning shakes out? 

11F this morning and 54F with like 25% RH this afternoon?  Sign me up for a month of this.

Can go spring skiing all day and still get home with hours of daylight left?  This is by far the best time of year.

We’ll be melting out in town in the not too distant future with all this sunshine coming up.  Then it’s time for skiing followed by biking.

F522A044-9FE2-4B2B-9B15-9B67E2773287.thumb.jpeg.baeb72d246c4c28f159f3e44c8021466.jpeg

• Like 3

On 3/15/2021 at 2:40 PM, Damage In Tolland said:

We all told you many times after Monday it was mild with 40’s and 50’s. Maybe it’s even milder farther out..And that is how it looks. Correct?

" Temperatures will stay well below average all day Friday likely remaining in the low to mid-30s for one of the colder March days "

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/03/17/metro/late-winter-snow-yes-more-snow-is-heading-massachusetts/

Lolz

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, kdxken said:

" Temperatures will stay well below average all day Friday likely remaining in the low to mid-30s for one of the colder March days "

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/03/17/metro/late-winter-snow-yes-more-snow-is-heading-massachusetts/

Lolz

Will probably end up pushing 40F with mostly sun for most of the day.

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Just like this week, might be another window at the tail end of the month as we get a trough in the east and some cold in Canada. Clearly it gets more difficult at that time, but that's on guidance.

Yeah like 3/30-4/3 or so could produce a threat if that look holds.

45 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah like 3/30-4/3 or so could produce a threat if that look holds.

Yeah. They can post all the confused emojis they want, but this week was also identified 10+ days out. If the moisture moves out quickly, that's just an unfortunate circumstance.

• Confused 1