Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

well we'll see -

If the Euro arrives and there's some EPS movement too - ...watches go up. 

Yea, I am in wait and see....if Euro confirms, then get more aggressive....but I do not trust the GFS, as it maybe too N stream happy. What that does confirm is that if the N steam does get more involved, its def a warning a event....that map is derived from GFS thermals with a very thermally grouchy algorithm. 

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Having the NAM largely agree does give pause before summarily dismissing.

This is why - really - I'm willing to wait on the Euro frankly .. I mean, as a baser deterministic forecasting philosophy - duh - we don't auto 86 any solution... It's a matter of gradation of inclusion to put some weird syllables to it ..  Like, .01% ICON ...hahahaha

Anyway, that agreement is giving this a kind of 'sneak up and bite' appeal to it..and though what I mentioned off the Euro is factually and empirically correct, it still is not 100% infallible - of course not.

Hopefully, we get no agreement at any point leading :thumbsup:

hmm... didn't realize this was happening but the American telecon layout is looking increasingly shitty as of late.  Hadn't been checkin'

But, modestly positive PNA by D10 with NAO slipping negative among most members could really turn that pattern ugly at our latitude/ geographic climo after next week's warm up.

- may just be the seasonal lag coming back to destroy orchard crops with snow flurries in May again and again as the new paradigm because CC is not happening ... weeeee.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It's pretty anomalous for your area to go 6 weeks in winter with nothing over 2", especially when there have been storms to track. 

I mean it does happen, but as JSpin pointed out he still had like 40” in the past 6 weeks and likely had numerous 2”+ events just not falling within the 24 hour Cocorahs time scale.  Maybe it feels different but that is a large part of NNE Mtn climo... tons and tons of light events that add up to many inches.  The last event was like 8” up there I think.

19 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

hmm... didn't realize this was happening but the American telecon layout is looking increasingly shitty as of late.  Hadn't been checkin'

But, modestly positive PNA by D10 with NAO slipping negative among most members could really turn that pattern ugly at our latitude/ geographic climo after next week's warm up.

- may just be the seasonal lag coming back to destroy orchard crops with snow flurries in May again and again as the new paradigm because CC is not happening ... weeeee.  

Anthony just relieved himself in the back of his squad car.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Anthony just relieved himself in the back of his squad car.

Why ... it's not a snow pattern ...it's an 'ugly' pattern - as in unilateral ass pounding, all preferences failed.

actually hyperbole aside it could be just giga motions in the ensembles.  It's just that that seasonal lag thing is real - that part has been taking place where we get these obnoxious asynchronous cold patterns in April and May... I'm sort of getting gun shy and weary that the muzzle's always pointed out our springs because of that seemingly growing dependable oddity

28 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I mean it does happen, but as JSpin pointed out he still had like 40” in the past 6 weeks and likely had numerous 2”+ events just not falling within the 24 hour Cocorahs time scale.  Maybe it feels different but that is a large part of NNE Mtn climo... tons and tons of light events that add up to many inches.  The last event was like 8” up there I think.

Probably a noticeable difference between N VT and N NH though. 

17 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Why ... it's not a snow pattern ...it's an 'ugly' pattern - as in unilateral ass pounding, all preferences failed.

actually hyperbole aside it could be just giga motions in the ensembles.  It's just that that seasonal lag thing is real - that part has been taking place where we get these obnoxious asynchronous cold patterns in April and May... I'm sort of getting gun shy and weary that the muzzle's always pointed out our springs because of that seemingly growing dependable oddity

He doesn’t like warmth. Him and Mitch will high five each other to 40s and clouds in April.