Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

53 minutes ago, tamarack said:

One flurry about 1 PM, might have dropped vis below a mile, didn't stick even for a moment.  Since 1/28/2010 we've not had a squall here that dropped more than 1/4".  Not sure if it's topography or what, and wonder if our no-hail shield is due to the same things.

Lower singles this AM with gusts in the 20s.  Dry windy cold in mid-March with no snow in the 16-day; awful.

Very blustery and cold this morning, 6.3°F, This time of year if its going to be dry, Rather have it warm, This month has produced .01" of snow, If i don't see another accumulating snowfall, This will be the worst winter here in the last 20 yrs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Very blustery and cold this morning, 6.3°F, This time of year if its going to be dry, Rather have it warm, This month has produced .01" of snow, If i don't see another accumulating snowfall, This will be the worst winter here in the last 20 yrs.

Agree.  I'm closer to my average just by virtue of having a lower one than you, but this winter was a dead ratter no matter how you slice it.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Well after this week, fat lady most certainly is singing. Big black hole over the North Pole and warm heights circling around the mid latitudes.

Yep, it’s over for sure come next week. Don’t tell JB and Henry Margusity that though, they are still calling for deep winter into April. Edit:@Ginx snewxIt was over for the NYC metro area back in the last week of February. It’s over for everyone this weekend 

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Noones getting snow. Unless your eggs are in FV3 basket. Sheared , weak, south 

I dunno... 00z Euro brought at least light to the Pike ... 06z GFS is actually cat pawing moderately for a stint that far N too -

But I think by "snow" ...you're thinking 'worth mentioning' - lol... yeah, I'd agree ... not looking good.  

One of or both things need to happen for more snow ... one, having this thing be strengthening, not attenuating, as it is approaching the eastern seaboard ..it would tend to lift the deformation axis while pulling cold in at lower levels for a transition blue.  Two, the N/stream is presently modeled as negative interference - suppressing said deformation axis S ( N of d-formation zone is outside the cyclones reach as the standard synoptic convention).  It needs to either back off completely get out of the way so that 'one' can happen, or, modulate and become dominate the other way ..capture and then this gets interesting quick. 

Unfortunately, trends are in the other direction on both - but, there's time.