Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

44 minutes ago, George001 said:

even I gave up on winter. I still check the models occasionally just in case if an early April blizzard pops up, but at this point I would give that a less than 1% chance of happening. The storm threat next week is going to bust because there is no northern stream interaction or phasing. The low will be weak and there will be no mechanism to create cold air. No phasing means there is 0 chance for a big early spring blizzard. 

Lol..not everything is a blizzard James, I mean George.   Sometimes/most times actually when you get March or April snow event it’s just a nuisance event, and no blizzard.  

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

53 minutes ago, George001 said:

even I gave up on winter. I still check the models occasionally just in case if an early April blizzard pops up, but at this point I would give that a less than 1% chance of happening. The storm threat next week is going to bust because there is no northern stream interaction or phasing. The low will be weak and there will be no mechanism to create cold air. No phasing means there is 0 chance for a big early spring blizzard. 

Not every storm is a blizzard 

Come on lol

17 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Our senate wants this permanently. I can’t wait for it to be dark until 8am in January. :axe:

Just turn them up at the end of April when sun rise is after 7. Obviously favored by people who sleep in.  The ignorant quotes by senators of adding an hour of sunlight were telling.  These same guys say follow the science on other subjects.  

12 hours ago, dryslot said:

Day full of squalls today, Some good ones too with 1/4 vis at times.

One flurry about 1 PM, might have dropped vis below a mile, didn't stick even for a moment.  Since 1/28/2010 we've not had a squall here that dropped more than 1/4".  Not sure if it's topography or what, and wonder if our no-hail shield is due to the same things.

Lower singles this AM with gusts in the 20s.  Dry windy cold in mid-March with no snow in the 16-day; awful.