Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

16 hours ago, dendrite said:

I wish we were still changing them in early April. Still an earlier 00z euro for March (if necessary) and I like having my light at 6am. It's putting me back in the dark now as I leave for work.

I can relate.  I was leaving the driveway around 6:35 am fairly routinely in the couple years leading to society changes forced by this pandemic stuff.   I took the same route to work spanning those years, which put me right around the bends on I-91 in central Mass right as Worcester comes into view. Around this time of year, the sun was tipping over the eastern horizon, and it was always an internal monologue, "...For the next 2.5 weeks it will be in my face..."    But in the heart of winter, it was deep night and just a morning glow rising at that particular region of the commute. Contrasting, by early summer, the sun was high enough to no longer be in one's face.  I think of the two ends of that spectrum, I'd rather not leave for work under star twinkling nocturn. But it's tough...because I don't like dark at 4pm no matter what - hm..

Still, I think I'd rather have the light extension at the end of the afternoon... Because usually when en route to work ...I'm thinking about the day's bs and it's not "usable" day light anyway because the goal is a cup of joe and 20 min of appropriate internet time before settling into throwing more of my life away... 

• Like 2