Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

48 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Black hills might be even better. Lead, SD FTW.

Where men are men and women appear to be as well , storm track and intensity doesn’t look like has intensity or duration  of their big ones, too far South from my first glance ? 

Looks to max out over front range per WPC probs 

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

One more warning event would make me less grumpy about the winter.  I think end of next week is our shot.

I would consider amending from a C- to a C with another warning event...though it would probably take getting me near normal snowfall, which would be about a 1'.

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

One more warning event would make me less grumpy about the winter.  I think end of next week is our shot.

Have only had 4 warned events so far, 2 verified and 2 came in low to very low.  Since I began tracking GYX-warned events in winter 06-07, only 15-16 (2) had less.  09-10 also had 4 and so did 07-08 of all winters and that included the awful early March bust - 10-14" from the "Manitoba Mauler" barely reached 6.  Lots of WWAs, however - between the warned storms of 12/16 and 2/27, we recorded 83.4" from 16 separate storms.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I would consider amending from a C- to a C with another warning event...though it would probably take getting me near normal snowfall, which would be about a 1'.

yea, we are in the exact same boat wrt to average snowfall.   If we are done with snow I'm a solid C- and a pop quiz away from a D+.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'd need another April 2007 plus the St. Pats storm that year to approach C level.  Or 2 bombs like late March 2001.  Currently a tenth away from 2 full feet BN for std.  If this month continues like it's been so far, and we get an average April, it's a solid D here.  At best.  I add subjective thoughts and the Grinch plus all the Feb misses might drag the grade a bit lower.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I agree, another 10-12 inches and we're at a C, also you would have nailed it this winter even though I think at this point you pretty much did. Now get us to 100+ next winter.