Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Old record at ORH was 66F in 1977. Smoked that one pretty good. 3/11 was vulnerable for a lot of stations, so plenty of records today.

1977 also featured a notorious equinox storm with feet of snow well inland, a rain swept gale elsewhere.

12 minutes ago, Hailstoned said:

1977 also featured a notorious equinox storm with feet of snow well inland, a rain swept gale elsewhere.

There were multiple big snow events after mid-month in 1977. Then of course there was the infamous May '77 storm too....but the 2nd half of March '77 was very snowy. Who lknows, maybe we'll follow a similar path.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

47 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah ...I dunno - it's not rubbing it in but this is now what?  6 out of 7 recent years that had an early warm that is absurd -

Happening in either NINO, NINA or NADA this,  polar that... and it didn't matter. 

mm hm... there's something going on - particularly when you couch that aspect in with all these other 20 year's worth of various oddities that people rationalize and avoid the implications of -ha

What’s going on?

465A0EFD-023A-4B43-9B09-4261BE5B2C7C.jpeg

2 hours ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Bennington VT up to 71F...what a torch.  63 here.

Wow...what a difference over there. Had a high of 56° F, now back to 50° F. I'm actually cooler than the summits of Mt. Snow, Stratton, Haystack and Equinox right now thanks to my 20-24" snow pack keeping things cool. It's amazing how these shady spruce/fir stands can keep things cool, especially at this time of year. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

Wow...what a difference over there. Had a high of 56° F, now back to 50° F. I'm actually cooler than the summits of Mt. Snow, Stratton, Haystack and Equinox right now thanks to my 20-24" snow pack keeping things cool. It's amazing how these shady spruce/fir stands can keep things cool, especially at this time of year. 

Terrible 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

Certainly wasn't any snow to melt in Bennington, mostly gone for a little while now.  Dipped back down to 56/57 here.

Right, those dense evergreens also help with those below 80F summer time highs.  But also come with a side dish of mutant black/deer/horse flies..lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Certainly wasn't any snow to melt in Bennington, mostly gone for a little while now.  Dipped back down to 56/57 here.

Right, those dense evergreens also help with those below 80F summer time highs.  But also come with a side dish of mutant black/deer/horse flies..lol

Probably cluster flies - in our 1st year at our present location we had so many that they totally covered 2 fly strips and most of a 3rd.  Blecch!

33 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

High of 61.2F here. 50-55F now depending on the wind speed. At least the roof and driveway are almost clear of snow/ice now.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

Did any demons surface?

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Damage enroute 

The 45 to 50 kt jet
moves overhead, with the peak of winds probably between 10 PM
and 6 AM. Winds gusts of 40 to 50 mph are possible, with
potential for localized gusts to 55 or 60 mph over some of the
high terrain.

What about the reinforcing Arctic front Sunday night what will winds be with that?