Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

13 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I would even lower my grade if I was you. At this point in the season it's just another kick in the nads.

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I would even lower my grade if I was you. At this point in the season it's just another kick in the nads.

6B4A1337-FF70-485B-9B99-54AE680D2F92.jpeg

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, das said:

Like my old mentor used to say: “never ever ever predict a record and you’ll have a fine career”. 

right LOL ...

it was all over the overheads at the gym last night - they were all breaking the record by like 1 deg.  The local TV mets, that is ..

Still, I think this is a bit of a cloud bust - I'm preeetty sure people were not visualizing this as sun shut down out there, which this is.  I mean, it looks like a snow sky hahaha

Actually, CT's sky is opened up so - it may just be a speed bump.  Sat shows it's really only targeting my living room with a tight little bundle of Zeus deck over this part of Mass but such is the life of the perceived eternally persecuted ...

Part of the problem is trying to run a warm air mass up through 572 dm heights... not convincing.

Higher heights ...even in laminar or non confluent flow layouts tends to default to DVM in the ambient motion, and that offset this sort of crap you see out there when looping the hi res vis imagery. There's seems to be a colocation of terrain enhancing/position static cloud production, whenever/while swaths of high level ceilings passing overhead .. You can see that over the Worcester els/Monadnocks.  

But it is drying some ...as said, CT opened up rather abruptly in the last 1/2 hour.    Could be a bit/slight differential heat advection too... -like a non-charted diffused warm frontal aspect to this. 

You know, it's times like these we are forced to remember that when we look at the weather charts, those lines?  those are arbitrary chosen intervals... And we think of fronts as materializing and decaying around those intervals but ... everything is asymptotically emerging and decaying in the fluidity of the atmosphere.   So, even though the weather charts may look as certain way, there can be a warm or cool boundary...or any kind of boundary in there.   The best way to really prove this phenomenon is to look at high res vis loops of the tropics and geek out ofver weird lines of clouds that don't show up on any pressure contouring or moisture product or anything - yet something is causing a linearity that is non entropy in cause.

3 minutes ago, 512high said:

Ya , sun trying to peek here and there @ 51, light wind........

To me that is a smoking gun ( maybe..ha! ) that we have some kind of warm frontogenesis aspect to this ...that's butt plugging the warmth a bit. It may wash in during the afternoon. But that calm wind isn't really throwing a warm sector vibe when there's 'supposed' to be sufficient gradient to move flags today.

I've had orb sun at times here just down the road from KASH in Ayer but I wouldn't call it trying just yet.   10:30   52 ...  presently 18 shy of records while Scranton PA is 66 ... yeah, typical SNE cheating to keep it cold. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

20210311_092920.jpg

20210311_092911.jpg

Here's a question for ya ...

If this monolithic towering rise yu see above is only producing pedestrian warmth, why would that dip then imply giddy reason to post this product -

Ha...I'm just bustn' ballz a bit but there is some truth to not really getting optimistic over that.

I would also caution that in spring these indices will tend to part company from their operational runs ... more so than normal headaches.   For example, that huge mode change in the AO that you see that has taken place over the last 10 days above... has been accompanied by a neutral PNA that has tended to sag negative.  Yet the operational runs have still dangling false hopes in front of enabled drug users in here -

It seems "synergistic" results are out of phase with leading indicators - regardless of tech ...

Probably lost you on that sentence - but what I mean is like this.  Say you go to Atlantic City on two separate occasions. Every aspect of your reality is identical upon both visits - right down the way your shoes are tied, what you ate, the amount of sleep and your vital signs. To the type of weather, and the mood and atmosphere of person and personality of setting... all of it, identical. 

Why then do you roll snake eyes all f'ing night when you rolled 7' the other time ??

There is a 'result' tendency ... that cannot be predicted when there is infinitum of moving parts ...  -  they come together by utterly unknowns and though rare, there are times where 'rogue' actions service ...less than predicted products.  The vicissitudes of the wind and weather?  Sometimes there is snow in a piss poor patterns... and other times, you get big index signals that do shit.  We are in warm index mode that is not producing .. very well. 

From La Nina to HC to those indexes above, ... hell, throw CC in there too... there is nothing that supports that arctic blast this weekend.  But she comin'  ... So, I know what you are thinking - 'so than a little cold must get really cold and snowy!"  wrong - synergy right now is disappointment.  Whatever emerges .. it will be other than what you don't want LOL ...