Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

34 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

3/16-17 making a comeback on guidance. Still gotta watch after that too near the equinox. 

For all intents and purposes probably the last two events we have to 100% be concerned with.

16/17th look pretty well identical on EC to what most of our February events did with the swath of 1-6”

16 hours ago, dryslot said:

At this point, I'm hoping it remains dry, Mud season can be brutal, Its frost heave season now too.

Nearly 20 miles of them between Stratton and Rangeley - no frame-breakers but just constant fore-to-aft rocking the whole way.  Couldn't affect the spectacular views along the way.

20 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

For all intents and purposes probably the last two events we have to 100% be concerned with.

16/17th look pretty well identical on EC to what most of our February events did with the swath of 1-6”

56 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

3/16-17 making a comeback on guidance. Still gotta watch after that too near the equinox. 

image.thumb.png.34b52af656532f4708ec8b343d287cbf.png

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Nearly 20 miles of them between Stratton and Rangeley - no frame-breakers but just constant fore-to-aft rocking the whole way.  Couldn't affect the spectacular views along the way.

Quite sure the ride on 201 to Jackman is the same, As we get further in, It certainly gets worse, I actually have been airborne before on one that was unmarked.

Day's a dud for records .. ?

It'll make good on warmer than normal - of course - but this cloud contamination will cap that potential the longer it continues more prevalent than modeled. 

Or is that that case - modeling?

I remember seeing the 700mb and 500mb RH as being < 50% in the Euro a few days ago... At that same 300mb ...way the f up there where it really 'shouldn't' be an issue, was 70+ ... I figured it was being too cute - well here we are...

I've noticed this too, to go along with a growing numbers of nuanced changes and tendencies of observed weather over the years...  Warm sectors are becoming more like this with milk dud upper levels ... Mutes heat potential.  I wonder if that's part of the ambient increase in WV quota - interesting. 

This is like that day in mid July that has a shot at 100 and it's in the forecast, ...but the this pall at 20K feet seems to emerge in just enough to keep in 97.2 ... Only today we shy records by decimals because of this ... which seems like it shows up just for that purpose lol... 

29 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Day's a dud for records .. ?

This is like that day in mid July that has a shot at 100 and it's in the forecast, ...but the this pall at 20K feet seems to emerge in just enough to keep in 97.2 ... Only today we shy records by decimals because of this ... which seems like it shows up just for that purpose lol... 

Like my old mentor used to say: “never ever ever predict a record and you’ll have a fine career”.