• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

As usual, snowmelt was fairly minimal even with temps over 50F because dews were in the teens.  That 20-25% RH air doesn’t melt it all that fast.  But looks like tomorrow the dews get into the 40s and *that* is what really accelerates it.

Will see a noticeable increase in moisture as we tap into western Gulf of Mexico sourced air overnight tonight. The increased moisture, coupled with some weak shortwaves rippling through the southwesterly flow, will support thickening and lowering of clouds as well as dewpoints rising noticeably overnight. Will also see persistent southerly/southwesterly winds 10-20 mph overnight as a low-level jet moves overhead. The clouds, continued warm air advection, and windy conditions overnight will result in very mild lows in the mid 30s to mid 40s.

Not much change in the pattern for the daytime on Thursday, with cloudy, warm, and windy conditions persisting. Highs Thursday will be in the mid to upper 50s across much of the region, and even in the low 60s for portions of the southern Champlain Valley and southern Connecticut River Valley. Dewpoints will rise into the low to mid 40s, which will allow for fairly rapid snowmelt during the day along with the warm and windy conditions.”

46 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Models/ ENS lost all semblance of snowers today . 

That’s not true. The Canadian and navy have a Miller b during the target period (18th-22nd). Euro has a low but is warm due to lack of northern stream interaction. Gfs has a low in Wisconsin but it’s a useless model that is almost always wrong. The Canadian especially is very close to a big storm. The 14th-16th one is done though, that never really had model support to begin with outside one Gfs run.

• Weenie 3

11 minutes ago, George001 said:

That’s not true. The Canadian and navy have a Miller b during the target period (18th-22nd). Euro has a low but is warm due to lack of northern stream interaction. Gfs has a low in Wisconsin but it’s a useless model that is almost always wrong. The Canadian especially is very close to a big storm. The 14th-16th one is done though, that never really had model support to begin with outside one Gfs run.

Two questions.

1) What is your age?

2) Are you able to post a picture of yourself in the snow ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I think it’s Jimmy

I think James had a cathartic crisis of sorts the last time he expected 2 feet in Harwich and got white rain. To protect himself, his psyche split off this George fellow, a sort of Tyler Durden-esque projection who is the unrestrained alpha weenie version of James. Gradually, James will slowly become George. Then "Project Mayhem", or rather "Dawn Awakening", can commence.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Hoth said:

I think James had a cathartic crisis of sorts the last time he expected 2 feet in Harwich and got white rain. To protect himself, his psyche split off this George fellow, a sort of Tyler Durden-esque projection who is the unrestrained alpha weenie version of James. Gradually, James will slowly become George. Then "Project Mayhem", or rather "Dawn Awakening", can commence.

Holy shit it all just clicked into place. Moon landings, JFK assassination, Illuminati, 9/11 inside job... everything. I have to tell the world about this before they silence me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

perhaps "Dawn Awakening-- Snooze Delay" to mitigate the alarming Jekyll-Hyde behavior.

• Haha 1