Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Saved the winter for me. Still numero uno for me to beat.

Same, here......I think purely from a snowfall standpoint, March 15, 2018 beats it by a bit....but I have to give that one the nod due to the sheer anomaly of it at that time of year, plus it was actual insane and widespread QPF....not a sliver of 25:1 deformation dandy.

13 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Same, here......I think purely from a snowfall standpoint, March 15, 2018 beats it by a bit....but I have to give that one the nod due to the sheer anomaly of it at that time of year, plus it was actual insane and widespread QPF....not a sliver of 25:1 deformation dandy.

How were the ratios in 1997 for you?   I recall it being pretty heavy where I was in Gardner MA, but my memory ain't great

38 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Examining the internal climatic conflict that plagues the psyche of an obscure twitter met...yea, fun pattern :lol: Time to draft...

In his defense, the WSJ had an extensive article yesterday about the southwest US on-going drought situation and various economic impacts. I'm not too worried about the local drought...if it means I need to cut my lawn less, I'm all in!

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Probably 10:1

I agree about the anomaly and that factors in. I mean it was hours and hours of WTF is going on. As a weenie, you live for that. Definitely started out lower than 10:1, but I think it got better than 10:1..especially inland. Even where I was on the SW side of BOS, it was blowing and drifting right at sunset. That's when it just stacked and stacked. I honestly think it crushed the suspension a bit on my old '83 Pontiac Grand Prix. :lol:   

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I agree about the anomaly and that factors in. I mean it was hours and hours of WTF is going on. As a weenie, you live for that. Definitely started out lower than 10:1, but I think it got better than 10:1..especially inland. Even where I was on the SW side of BOS, it was blowing and drifting right at sunset. That's when it just stacked and stacked. I honestly think it crushed the suspension a bit on my old '83 Pontiac Grand Prix. :lol:   

I was just trying to give a round number as an average...obviously it was lower to begin, and ramped up.

• Like 1