Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

43 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You do a lot of musing....

yeah...well, it's also the diplomatic way of approaching an audience with such a proven track record of razor sharp objectivity ... so willing to accept truths and consequence - 

You know, as a different science: I do think ( not you per se ...), that people play denial and bargaining/ .. evasive games with general informatic because there are no consequences for being wrong.   Not like many moons ago -

200 years ago... people were less prone to flights of fancy or they died of diphtheria and their kids didn't eat.  Modernity enables a person, and en masse, collections of civility to believe in whatever they want.  They don't have to take a warm up seriously ...because they don't grow their own food ... billion ways to define how/why modern extravagances that are ( frankly ..) not a part of 99.9973 % of human evolution, are in conflict with judicial rational that the previous evolutionary curve blessed us with and allow us to get to this spectrum of provisions and presumptions in existentialism..  

That's going to be an interesting catch-22 etched in epitaph upon Humanity's last tombstone.  

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I remember musing in June of 2015 how if it snowed 0.0 for the next three consecutive seasons... we'd end up on climo for the 4-year mean at a lot of climate sites/ ..backyards.

No one in here thought that was funny - interestingly ...  In fact, I don't recall anyone even responded.  ...I wonder why that is...

Buuuut...it didn’t happen 

43 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

only the hardcore winter weenies are holding out, bless their little hearts.  Most of us knew winter was done NYC-south weeks ago, and is now done in SNE.

Sort of ....

I wouldn't even say this in hyperbole - in SNE.   Until after Easter does that jest gather any weight -

Not sure how old you are, but .. on March 28th, 1997, it was a Saturday.   High based CU floated by on a raft of buoyant warmth under sun searing enough that the air shimmered at distances.  High based CU = tall, warm boundary layer.  It was 64 F at 1 pm...as I ambled across the bridge up there on University Ave that spans the Merrimack River.  Girls laying out on blankets around the commons outside of dorm halls.   Me not getting any of them..  the universe was at peace seemingly by god's decree.

2 days later we were under a winter storm warning, and 12 hours after that, Metrowest of Boston was under 20 to 36" of yard stick shock and awe because 'most of them knew winter was now done in SNE' before that happened.

So yar ...you're probably being a lighthearted troll ... but just so I'm not being a hypocrite - I see reasons to be open to warmth ... But that does not preclude anomalies that really can't be assumed not possible around here.  It's like a proverbial landmine getting us to April 15, even in the warmest of times.   Hell, even 2012 had week of cold in there from a -NAO pulse.. Just didn't time with anything. 

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Not really.  2015-16 was below.  2016–17 and 2017-18 were AOA.

Dude, I was responding to Rays motif -

you're turning into a petty squabble to refute a message you just don't like.  who cares - jesus

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Warm March that can last into April is a treat.  Glad I missed the balls cold while in FL.

Yea, I'll take it. Give me a warm pattern and latter March every time, and hope to time a bowling ball. To hell with enduring 39 and windy for days on end in search for that final 3-6"-

17 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

If we go largely snowless for March, then to go 2 prime winter months, Jan and March with almost nothing here, but still finish right around average would be interesting

You know ..I was thinking about this as onion layers ...   offsetting anomalies, so to speak

OR perhaps that's really what that is.. but,   climate change modeling long predicted greater proficiency in rainfall as a global mean/increase ... because the PWAT content is hanging around in a warming world...etc... Rain in that context means anything falling from the sky produced by weather phenomenon - which includes snow.

So hypothetically ..it's like we made out for better ambient potential, in a years that say 50 years ago would have been dryer of snow and rain - if given the same patterns/relative to era.

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I remember musing in June of 2015 how if it snowed 0.0 for the next three consecutive seasons... we'd end up on climo for the 4-year mean at a lot of climate sites/ ..backyards.

No one in here thought that was funny - interestingly ...  In fact, I don't recall anyone even responded.  ...I wonder why that is...

Maybe because it would not even be close here - easier where 2014-15 had 250% of normal snow than here, where it was 25% AN.

11 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Record-smashing heat is hardly boring even if it's not what we snow-weenies want.  March 2016 was boring here and March 2010 was epically boring.

I was asking earlier ...but it was bathed in sarcasm so probably ignored.. Anyway, what are the records from WV to ME for Thursday.. ?  Might be worth monitoriing

Not sure about Friday's fropa timing. If it holds off then that day too. 

The warm bombs we had in some of these March's since 2009 ( which is an alarming frequency frankly ...), were mid month on.. This is happening prior to the Ides so I am wondering if the record books are prone to 70+ ...

Not sure if you guys make 70 up there...But I like Bradley CT ?  forget it - they' put up a 78 with that look on Thursday. 

3 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

A quiet, snowless end to March would be great. Absolutely itching to get outside, clean the yard, burn the debris and kill the mother f*****g chipmunks. 

Just need the snow to melt and not return.

I am itching for a snow event before the end of the season. But if not, then hopefully nice weather. 

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I was asking earlier ...but it was bathed in sarcasm so probably ignored.. Anyway, what are the records from WV to ME for Thursday.. ?  Might be worth monitoriing

Not sure about Friday's fropa timing. If it holds off then that day too. 

The warm bombs we had in some of these March since 2009 ( which is an alarming frequency frankly ...), were mid month on.. This is happening prior to the Ides so I am wondering if the record books are prone to 70+ ...

Not sure if you guys make 70 up there...But I like Bradley CT ?  forget it - they' put up a 78 with that look on Thursday. 

Records at Farmington co-op for Wed-Fri are 60/63/64.  Low chance for threatening those up here.