Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

18 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I remember that early April event...couple weeks earlier and it would have been great. Saw some cat paws in Sandown, NH at a fam gathering. That was another winter that left something on the table..second half could have been pretty epic.

It was, for us, and came after the worst start I'd seen since 73-74 in BGR, my first full winter in Maine.  (Not a good intro, especially after the early and abrupt end of 72-73, our first few months after the move.)  And we were only a couple degrees from a 50" April in 2007 as the Patriots Day(s) storm had 5" snow and 5" cold RA.

36 minutes ago, tamarack said:

My non-winter sig shows that kind of contrast only separated by a single month, though I cherrypicked 12 consecutive month periods rather than calendar years:
Feb. 2006-Jan 2007 had 26.9"
Mar 2007-Feb 2008 had 178.0"

That’s nuts.  What a contrasting 12 months, even cherry picked.

28 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Topped out at 50F.  We take

Love the variance in New England.  Upper 20s this afternoon with snow showers up here (4” past 24 hours) but still at a low elevation... continued flurries.

I can’t wait till that first sunny 50F day.  I love that type of year when it’s mild over snow.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Love the variance in New England.  Upper 20s this afternoon with snow showers up here (4” past 24 hours) but still at a low elevation... continued flurries.

I can’t wait till that first sunny 50F day.  I love that type of year when it’s mild over snow.

High of 29° here with light snow on and off all day. No real accumulation though but combined with the inch or two from the other night, its made things look much nicer. This warm up reminded me of January thaws before they became all out blow torches. Settled the pack and put a crust on it but didn’t come close to clearing my roof, yard or driveway. 

10 minutes ago, mreaves said:

High of 29° here with light snow on and off all day. No real accumulation though but combined with the inch or two from the other night, its made things look much nicer. This warm up reminded me of January thaws before they became all out blow torches. Settled the pack and put a crust on it but didn’t come close to clearing my roof, yard or driveway. 

Central VT got a good squall axis of 2-4" with the arctic front.  Up north of that axis we had a half inch here, to 2" at elevation... now this past event added 3-6". 

Western New England in the meso-scale zones have done well with squalls, upslope, and random snowfalls this winter.  With a dearth of widespread synoptic events, we are surviving on the localized stuff.

42 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Central VT got a good squall axis of 2-4" with the arctic front.  Up north of that axis we had a half inch here, to 2" at elevation... now this past event added 3-6". 

Western New England in the meso-scale zones have done well with squalls, upslope, and random snowfalls this winter.  With a dearth of widespread synoptic events, we are surviving on the localized stuff.

It was difficult to measure after the squall. I ride through several 3’ drifts tonight. Pretty impressive for the small amount of snow. 

26 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Even 01-02 threw us a bone or two at the end of March towards the equinox that season IIRC. 

I remember a couple events close together in Mar 2002...around 2-3" on 3/18 or so and then we had 7" on 3/20

• Like 1