Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

19 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Best event of that ratter of a season for me. Solid foot.

Yep, I had 13" and that included some sleet on top. Pretty solid storm....cold too. Spent most of it barely above 20F.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep, I had 13" and that included some sleet on top. Pretty solid storm....cold too. Spent most of it barely above 20F.

I got 11" in Wilmington.....CF was near Reading/rt 128 most of the event, but got to me near the end, which added moisture to the snow. When I went to school at UML, they had 13" of pure powder.

Man no mud season.  Well for a day but straight to dry ground and over a week more of dry. Perfect.  Spent the day making fence repairs. Found a new tree down in the woods on my property.  Looked pretty healthy about a 45 foot ash, thought I heard a huge crash Monday night.

24 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I only remember because I froze my ass off walking to my internship off campus at UML, especially since I stopped to measure for the comparison to Wilmington lol :weenie:

I remember that being the storm that ruined futility at BOS.   We were flying in and were among the last flights in as snow was increasing.   That was during my streak of missing good ones but we got to enjoy and sled on the 8-9 inches.

Just now, weathafella said:

I remember that being the storm that ruined futility at BOS.   We were flying in and were among the last flights in as snow was increasing.   That was during my streak of missing good ones but we got to enjoy and sled on the 8-9 inches.

Yep. I believe BOS went into that storm with like 7 or 8 inches total on the season. But then that storm turned what could’ve been futility into a more mundane 17-18” dead-ratter season. 

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Best event of that ratter of a season for me. Solid foot.

Only 8" here, 7" SN from 0.75" LE, pounded down to 5" by 1.10" LE of sleet (3" worth, most coming at sub-20 temps.)  Without that warm nose that storm might've been even better than the one 18 days later - April 4-5 had all snow: 18.5" from 1.63" LE.  Then a week later another 11.2"/1.15" LE, also all snow, on the way to a ridiculous 37.2" in April.

23 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I remember I started rooting for futility that year on Eastern haha

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

13 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Only 8" here, 7" SN from 0.75" LE, pounded down to 5" by 1.10" LE of sleet (3" worth, most coming at sub-20 temps.)  Without that warm nose that storm might've been even better than the one 18 days later - April 4-5 had all snow: 18.5" from 1.63" LE.  Then a week later another 11.2"/1.15" LE, also all snow, on the way to a ridiculous 37.2" in April.

I remember that early April event...couple weeks earlier and it would have been great. Saw some cat paws in Sandown, NH at a fam gathering. That was another winter that left something on the table..second half could have been pretty epic.

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The futility topic had me thinking. I wonder if I endured the least snowiest January 1 to December 31 (2012) and snowiest January 1 to December 31 (2015) on record. All within 3 years.

My non-winter sig shows that kind of contrast only separated by a single month, though I cherrypicked 12 consecutive month periods rather than calendar years:
Feb. 2006-Jan 2007 had 26.9"
Mar 2007-Feb 2008 had 178.0"

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tamarack said:

My non-winter sig shows that kind of contrast only separated by a single month, though I cherrypicked 12 consecutive month periods rather than calendar years:
Feb. 2006-Jan 2007 had 26.9"
Mar 2007-Feb 2008 had 178.0"

That’s impressive. Wow. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That’s impressive. Wow. 

Feb-Apr yielded just 7.8" in 2006.  In 2007 those months had 76.2".  2006-07 had 11" thru Jan 13 and 84" afterward.  Nov-Dec 2006 each set records for warmth at the Farmington co-op (Dec eclipsed in 2015) and Jan was running +12 before the pattern changed.