Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

1 hour ago, MarkO said:

Real deal wind. Popped my head out the front door to witness a large (8" +/-) Norway Spruce branch drop on the front lawn. I gotta admit, I'm a bit nervous as I have a couple 100 footer White pines within about 30' form my house.

Looks like we got some snow up north.

1 hour ago, MarkO said:

SAME!   Too close!!!  Time for tree guy.  

Heard one snap just into the woods behind the house.  Grazed shed. 

Went out to investigate with flashlight and ran back in house.  Too scary.

Tonight's was larger than last one that snapped Feb 6th.  That widowmaker was one that I had walked DIRECTLY under 5 minutes earlier with snowblower.  (Fresh tracks in picture.)  Pucker!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SBTc5GLLt5EG1EXs9

8 minutes ago, TwoDogNight said:

SAME!!!!

Heard white pine snap at woods edge behind house.  Went out to investigate.  Grazed shed roof.  Ugh.  Time to get rid of some of these pines.  Had one snap less than 5 minutes after I walked under the exact spot it fell with snowblower making path for dog February 6th. Pucker!

SAME!   Too close!!!  Time for tree guy.  

Heard one snap just into the woods behind the house.  Grazed shed. 

Went out to investigate with flashlight and ran back in house.  Too scary.

Tonight's was larger than last one that snapped Feb 6th.  That widowmaker was one that I had walked DIRECTLY under 5 minutes earlier with snowblower.  (Fresh tracks in picture.)  Pucker!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SBTc5GLLt5EG1EXs9

Scary! We just removed a few trees on the west side of our two story house a few days ago. One of them was a massive red oak 10 feet from the house. I was getting an anxiety attack during every windstorm. 

1 minute ago, WinterLand said:

Scary! We just removed a few trees on the west side of our two story house a few days ago. One of them was a massive red oak two 10 feet from the house. I was getting an anxiety attack during every windstorm. 

Oaks, maples and other hard woods cause more damage, more often than white pines.

36 minutes ago, dendrite said:

He texted me. His greenhouse may have blown to MYR.

I just can’t believe my anny is working again. It hasn’t reported wind speed since last fall even though the cups spin. 

He’s probably complaining about the wind reports from the guy on Black Cat Island. 

• Haha 1

Unfortunately for our major storm threat next week the euro doesn’t even have a low anymore. Im not going to give up on an eastern mass blizzard just yet though, the evolution of next weeks storm on the models is one you would see in a fast and progressive flow, which doesn’t fit the pattern we will be in. I don’t buy the fast flow at all with a ridge that amplified out west. When the models go against the pattern, they are usually wrong. For example the models were showing a huge blizzard in late February, but the flow was fast and the pattern did not support that so it made sense to disregard those solutions. For the storm threat next week, the models that are showing the northern and southern branches staying separate and everything “rolling over” instead of slowing down and phasing should be disregarded, because the pattern does not support a fast flow. The pattern supports a slow and amplified flow with the northern stream digging farther south and phasing rather than just rolling east and squashing our storm. Does this mean a blizzard is guaranteed? No, although I do believe a massive blizzard will retrograde back in and crush eastern mass with feet of snow, that isn’t the only outcome supported by the pattern. A close miss where the storm is strong but develops too late and crushes Nova Scotia or downeast Maine, whiffing eastern mass also fits the pattern. However, the runs that don’t even have a low are total bs and don’t fit the pattern at all. In my opinion the models are going to show a miss until like 3 or 4 days out, then will come to their senses and start showing a strong low retrograding back in and slamming eastern mass with a blizzard. The models do this a lot, they lose storms in the mid range and then bring them back in the short range. 

• Weenie 6

27 minutes ago, George001 said:

Unfortunately for our major storm threat next week the euro doesn’t even have a low anymore. Im not going to give up on an eastern mass blizzard just yet though, the evolution of next weeks storm on the models is one you would see in a fast and progressive flow, which doesn’t fit the pattern we will be in. I don’t buy the fast flow at all with a ridge that amplified out west. When the models go against the pattern, they are usually wrong. For example the models were showing a huge blizzard in late February, but the flow was fast and the pattern did not support that so it made sense to disregard those solutions. For the storm threat next week, the models that are showing the northern and southern branches staying separate and everything “rolling over” instead of slowing down and phasing should be disregarded, because the pattern does not support a fast flow. The pattern supports a slow and amplified flow with the northern stream digging farther south and phasing rather than just rolling east and squashing our storm. Does this mean a blizzard is guaranteed? No, although I do believe a massive blizzard will retrograde back in and crush eastern mass with feet of snow, that isn’t the only outcome supported by the pattern. A close miss where the storm is strong but develops too late and crushes Nova Scotia or downeast Maine, whiffing eastern mass also fits the pattern. However, the runs that don’t even have a low are total bs and don’t fit the pattern at all. In my opinion the models are going to show a miss until like 3 or 4 days out, then will come to their senses and start showing a strong low retrograding back in and slamming eastern mass with a blizzard. The models do this a lot, they lose storms in the mid range and then bring them back in the short range. 

JFC move on. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, kdxken said:

The first pulse was 45-50mph which was 4-6:00. Models have the main pulse 10:00pm -4:00 AM. That’s when most of the damage and outages will come from with 50-60mph. A lot of people waking up overnight with posts about limbs on roofs etc. And one final pulse 50-55mph once the sun comes up tomorrow

Guess your post didn’t age well huh? You’ve had a rough winter 

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1