Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

There was discussion about driveways.  This is what happens when you don't have asphalt /concrete this time of year. Mitch posted this. I was very happy when I went to asphalt. Too many days like this. 

20210301_160905.jpg

That’s what our parking lot and road looks like.  Just packed ice.  It’s slickest when you get a little rainwater on top of that.  Almost impossible to walk on... gotta hold onto your car while you slide around to the door lol.

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That’s what our parking lot and road looks like.  Just packed ice.  It’s slickest when you get a little rainwater on top of that.  Almost impossible to walk on... gotta hold onto your car while you slide around to the door lol.

Yep.  Luckily the snow that we just got fell before it froze too hard so it looks like it bonded pretty well.

32 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If you think about it.. the fact that we went from I think Jan 26 until today with wire to wire snowpack with 100% powder, almost no rain other than one storm and no sleet and a little zr is pretty amazing. No cutters, no torches.. It takes a pretty unique setup to have that. Plus we had pack from Dec 6th until Xmas Eve. Pack wise it was pretty good. January just didn’t snow or do anything 

It was very odd to go so long without cutters or torches.    

5 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

A couple slight breezy moments while i was out for a walk

The first pulse was 45-50mph which was 4-6:00. Models have the main pulse 10:00pm -4:00 AM. That’s when most of the damage and outages will come from with 50-60mph. A lot of people waking up overnight with posts about limbs on roofs etc. And one final pulse 50-55mph once the sun comes up tomorrow 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

07 sucked too, 18 inch pack on Christmas Eve down to bare ground Christmas day. I remember going to my BIL's on Christmas eve in the pouring rain carrying gifts.

Wow I still had like 6-8” glacier that year. There was a little bit of CAD on the front side of that cutter...you must have warm sectored a lot earlier. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If you think about it.. the fact that we went from I think Jan 26 until today with wire to wire snowpack with 100% powder, almost no rain other than one storm and no sleet and a little zr is pretty amazing. No cutters, no torches.. It takes a pretty unique setup to have that. Plus we had pack from Dec 6th until Xmas Eve. Pack wise it was pretty good. January just didn’t snow or do anything 

Who stole your log on? That makes perfect sense.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I have an asphalt driveway and it still looks like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The first pulse was 45-50mph which was 4-6:00. Models have the main pulse 10:00pm -4:00 AM. That’s when most of the damage and outages will come from with 50-60mph. A lot of people waking up overnight with posts about limbs on roofs etc. And one final pulse 50-55mph once the sun comes up tomorrow 

i havent experienced any notable wind here yet, not saying anything one way or the other. But so far, nada here but a few slight gusts.

38 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I have an asphalt driveway and it still looks like that.

Lol yeah paved vs not paved aren't the only factors. 

Sounds like everyone on the forum needs some rock salt. Most local DPWs put out a pile of salt or sand for residents. 

My driveway is a thousand feet long reclaimed asphalt....I don't get many issues but I'm on a South facing hill so that helps big time.

29 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

When are these 40-60mph gusts supposed to materialize?  Been run of the mill 20-30mph gusts here.

The first pulse was 45-50mph which was 4-6:00. Models have the main pulse 10:00pm -4:00 AM. That’s when most of the damage and outages will come from with 50-60mph. A lot of people waking up overnight with posts about limbs on roofs etc. And one final pulse 50-55mph once the sun comes up tomorrow

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

My parents lost power in the ALB area at 8:30pm.

ALB airport has had several 45-50mph gusts... 1/4sm +SN too.

KALB 020129Z 29024G37KT 1/4SM R01/2200V5500FT +SN FZFG BKN008 BKN023 BKN036 M04/M06 A2981 RMK AO2 PK WND 27040/0117 PRESRR P0000 T10441061

Phil said hi?