Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

14 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

we're on the verge of bitterly cold windchills, sub zero temps, HWWs, and squalls up the wazoo.....and all anyone can think about is if DC got more than 5" of snow this year. If this front came thru in December people would be all over it.  Sad that it's come to this. 

Meh it will be almost 50F on Wednesday. It’s short lived and not bringing any meaningful snow with it. Just a nuisance really.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So 50’s were forecast for today and the high was 38.2. And now crashing.

Not bad 

In April 2021, Damage In Tolland said:

So 60’s were forecast for today and the high was 48.2. And now crashing.

Not bad 

In May 2021, Damage In Tolland said:

So 70’s were forecast for today and the high was 58.2. And now crashing.

Not bad 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

There was discussion about driveways.  This is what happens when you don't have asphalt /concrete this time of year. Mitch posted this. I was very happy when I went to asphalt. Too many days like this. 

20210301_160905.jpg

Hah. With my background I have no idea what you're talking about lol 

8 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Hah. With my background I have no idea what you're talking about lol 

Dirt gravel driveways you can't get down to get all the snow off. It doesn't melt away like black top so it congeals, partially melts, and you end up with glare ice when it refreezes. I literally slid off my driveway while stopped once, plus forget about walking.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

There was discussion about driveways.  This is what happens when you don't have asphalt /concrete this time of year. Mitch posted this. I was very happy when I went to asphalt. Too many days like this. 

20210301_160905.jpg

Yeah...same deal here and the driveway is on the north side so it’s blocked from the sun until about this time of year. We finally got some dirt breaks today along the snowbank. 

25 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

20210301_160905.jpg

That's why they invented wood ashes.  :D

Of course, they might all blow away.  Our area is under a high wind warning for 5A-3P tomorrow, first HW warning I've seen for our zone since Oct. 2017.  Maybe the gennie gets a workout (and our 70' fir trees may get more than that.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tamarack said:

That's why they invented wood ashes.  :D

Of course, they might all blow away.  Our area is under a high wind warning for 5A-3P tomorrow, first HW warning I've seen for our zone since Oct. 2017.  Maybe the gennie gets a workout (and our 70' fir trees may get more than that.)

Wind Advisory here, But it looks like spring.

IMG_5438.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

In this day and age who in their right mind doesn’t have a paved driveway? Good Lord.

Not many in my hood, many have driveways over a quarter mile long. They use small crushed grey stone and roll it. You can see them here. Not everyone lives on small lots.

Screenshot_20210301-164623_Maps.jpg

25 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Dirt gravel driveways you can't get down to get all the snow off. It doesn't melt away like black top so it congeals, partially melts, and you end up with glare ice when it refreezes. I literally slid off my driveway while stopped once, plus forget about walking.

I was on one today like that, close to falling on my head.