Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

5 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Don't know if it was OceanSt posted this on the Gray NWS FB page but I never thought about this.  Great graphic.  Makes total sense met. winter isn't on the same date across the country.  Areas near water will lag.

I supplied the graphic but I wasn't the one who posted it. I've long said winter is 12/15 to 3/15 around here, and that graphic pretty much matches it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

My 1/5 chance from two days ago is now like 1/20. You need the ridge/trough placements to be off by several hundreds of miles 5/6 days out. Pulling for a miracle but you probably need to see a lot more improvement by 12z today or it's ova

The ridge isn't in a terrible spot. It's a little bit east, but nothing crazy....over the Dakotas or so. The bigger problem is you have a negatively tilted trough over Quebec/NE made up of a massive PV lobe....so you need something to amplify underneath that which is really hard. Not impossible, if you can phase a spoke of PV energy with the southern stream, it's possible. But you can start to envision how much has to go right.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

The ridge isn't in a terrible spot. It's a little bit east, but nothing crazy....over the Dakotas or so. The bigger problem is you have a negatively tilted trough made up of a massive PV lobe....so you need something to amplify underneath that which is really hard. Not impossible, if you can phase a spoke of PV energy with the southern stream, it's possible. But you can start to envision how much has to go right.

Yeah..I think if there was any inkling of this starting to come together..you'd have a few ensemble outliers trying to make it happen. Ah well, an easy system to never get too invested in anyway as it never made it past day 8 on models

17 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The difference between tomorrow's dawn through noon versus Tuesday's is nothing shy of appalling!!

my god -

+8 C at 850 in laze faire westerly air, under partly sunny tomorrow

-24 C at 850 in a cryo stung hell of 50 mph turbines on Tuesday

w                             t                                  f

Talkin a 32 veritable mixing depth swing

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Today’s 50’s vanished faster than a box of donuts in Ant’s police cruiser . 

Poor Tip can’t catch a nape 

Nothing sunny or really warm about today at the moment. Socked in with fog.

28 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The ridge isn't in a terrible spot. It's a little bit east, but nothing crazy....over the Dakotas or so. The bigger problem is you have a negatively tilted trough over Quebec/NE made up of a massive PV lobe....so you need something to amplify underneath that which is really hard. Not impossible, if you can phase a spoke of PV energy with the southern stream, it's possible. But you can start to envision how much has to go right.

Its a shame because it doesn't look like it would be LBSW for once. I like the evolution of the mid levels, but its just OTS.

That would have had real classic upper tier potential around here....not the decaying dynamics of the N mid atlantic's sloppy seconds that we have seen all season.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Easy winter grade here, 6th letter in the alphabet, Going to be a lot of black ice overnight  and frozen vehicles in the morning tomorrow.

If we go snowless this month, I’m revising my D+/C- to a solid D. 

The 12+ event on 12/17 saved this winter from receiving a straight up F. 

1 minute ago, NorEastermass128 said:

If we go snowless this month, I’m revising my D+/C- to a solid D. 

The 12+ event on 12/17 saved this winter from receiving a straight up F. 

Never even saw anything past 9" here, And that was back on 12/17, The grinch set the tone for the remainder.

57 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There is almost no room for the storm to get far enough west in the longwave pattern. Everything would have to break right.....plausible? Sure. Extremely unlikely? Also true.

Again.. As I stated... We dont know how this will play out yet. Am I holding my breath, no. Just stating where we are at this point. I am well aware that the chances are pretty low that this will hit, but, the final outcome is yet to be determined. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

16 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Again.. As I stated... We dont know how this will play out yet. Am I holding my breath, no. Just stating where we are at this point. I am well aware that the chances are pretty low that this will hit, but, the final outcome is yet to be determined. 

preparations are underway

• Weenie 1