Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

6 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

Amazing variation between SNE vs NYC metro this season. 

Here the winter is a solid B/B+ with well above normal snows, 4 weeks of snow cover, BN Feb temps. Nice December storm. Lack of 50+ temperatures. 

Negatives are a sucky January with AN temps Dec & Jan. If temps were a little colder with a good Jan storm then it would be an easy A- or better.

The only true A/A+ seasons since 2000 would be 02/03 and 09/10. 13/14 & 14/15 are B+/A-

2004-2005 and 2014-2015 are my only two A+ since 2000. 2010-2011 is an A....A+ is a rare bird.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I can think of some. We had a good one back in late Feb 2019 I believe. That was a nasty one. Ironically we had one last year on W-SW flow in late Feb. I could see a lot of 45kt stuff tonight.

I feel like I remember a good one in 2006 as well...Feb maybe? I think it hit upstate NY harder.

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s a ton of them in SNE

There really aren't though. You get plenty of HWWs issued on NW flow, but actual verification of them is extremely rare.

It's just hard to do around here due to the combination of it's hard to create a strong LLJ when you're well mixed and our infrastructure (even CT's) is hardier to NW flow.

Ok.. So, I will first say ( before I get comments from people who don't read before they comment ), a MET in CT said that the storm for the weekend is offshore, BUT... Things can change as we have 5-7 days until the event. Also, as you are all aware of ( or, for those of you who fell and bumped your heads ), things can and will change within 5-7 days. Let's hold our composure and see what happens by mid week. Things can go either way ( there is clearly not a definite direction on the storm for the weekend ). 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

4 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Ok.. So, I will first say ( before I get comments from people who don't read before they comment ), a MET in CT said that the storm for the weekend is offshore, BUT... Things can change as we have 5-7 days until the event. Also, as you are all aware of ( or, for those of you who fell and bumped your heads ), things can and will change within 5-7 days. Let's hold our composure and see what happens by mid week. Things can go either way ( there is clearly not a definite direction on the storm for the weekend ). 

There is almost no room for the storm to get far enough west in the longwave pattern. Everything would have to break right.....plausible? Sure. Extremely unlikely? Also true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Which do you prefer, New Britain, Old Britain, or Great Britain?

• Weenie 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

There might be a 5% chance it comes for enough west. 

And even if it does, I'd probably not be very interested if I was in the western half of New England. You'd want to be in downeast maine first and then maybe E MA.

29 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

It would be nice if the both of you would have made a comparison instead of posting gibberish. Here was the 12z run. 

Comparison for what?  Storm isn't even remotely close to to even coming close.  I'll let you carry on hyperventilating over model runs every 6hrs hallucinating on "trends" that have no sensible change in weather here.