• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

Ha... been jokin' with Will but I'm thinking there may actually be a chance at this ..

A last of the season sort of hurrah exit event, then as little as three or four days later, spring tsunamis in...

Even the GFS overcomes in N/stream mania to wash out the 540 blues after whatever comes of that... 

.. hm

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Ha... been jokin' with Will but I'm thinking there may actually be a chance at this ..

A last of the season sort of hurrah exit event, then as little as three or four days later, spring tsunamis in...

Even the GFS overcomes in N/stream mania to wash out the 540 blues after whatever comes of that... 

.. hm

Para cancels spring

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Don't worry about the scale...its all about body mass. Build some lean mass and monitor how your pants fit at the waist. Leave Kev and his archaic height/weight chart in the early 80s.

Kevin is like that scene in Pee Wee’s Big Adventure when he goes to weigh himself and it prints out 98lbs.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, George001 said:

The pattern supports a farther west low. At least the models have a low now, just a few days ago they didn’t even have a low. Both the OP runs and ensembles show a whiff but they aren’t far off from something big. 

Except for the run of the GEM that had a blizzard yesterday.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Except for the run of the GEM that had a blizzard yesterday.

Yeah yesterday is when they started seeing the low. The Canadian went from way offshore to a blizzard in one run before moving back south some. The risk with this storm is definitely it develops too late and misses everyone, but I like where I’m at with this setup. Eastern New England has a better shot in these types of setups with us having a bit more room for error in regards to how late the storm develops. 

• Weenie 1

58 minutes ago, George001 said:

The pattern supports a farther west low. At least the models have a low now, just a few days ago they didn’t even have a low. Both the OP runs and ensembles show a whiff but they aren’t far off from something big. 

I'm not sure why people are so pessimistic.

The EPS wasn't a bad look 168hrs out. Other ensembles look similar.

There's been a sharpening of the PNA ridge and strengthening Greenland block ahead of the system. 

Nearly every system has trended west as we got closer. I'm all-in on this. It's the last threat of the season...go big or go home.

• Weenie 2

1 hour ago, SnoSki14 said:

I'm not sure why people are so pessimistic.

The EPS wasn't a bad look 168hrs out. Other ensembles look similar.

There's been a sharpening of the PNA ridge and strengthening Greenland block ahead of the system. 

Nearly every system has trended west as we got closer. I'm all-in on this. It's the last threat of the season...go big or go home.

I mean, there’s definitely a chance that storm could hit...esp given the lead time of 7+ days....but there isn’t a big reason to be optimistic about it. Synoptically, it’s a tight squeeze to fit that storm into the pattern...eastern New England would have the best shot naturally but it is still a heavy lift even for them. 

• Like 1