Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

At least you can do stuff in that weather. Nothing worse than 40s. Just put me in an effing coma until Memorial Day. 

This ...

In essence, why I cringe at the very word, 'April'

I mean I almost don't mind the 40s in March ?  I never was a buy-in for that month anyway. I mean it sucks.. tru

But I think because April is really caught in the seam where it's too unlikely ( though yes sometimes rarely ) to get a 1982 job done...  or in 2005 I remember seeing blowing snow off a flat roof at 1:30 pm on April 9th or something ... Can't count on that tho...  About as much as you can't count on it being 60+ dependable either... 

It's just like a waste zone and it can be 40 F mist days with gobbling into summer sun times too... Have seen that start taking days out of June and enough is enough, and it takes more. New forecast has a new BD ...like wtf  ... thankfully, the plague springs are rare too.

Not to happy about the last several Mays back to back... I feel like our summers ( and I am summer Met enthusiasts with tracking thunder and heat synoptics and so forth ...) has gotten bites taking out of it at each end. 

The ridge out west has been becoming more impressive, so if you can get that trough to dig for oil a little bit, you can pop something along the frontal boundary. That northern stream injection could produce a flashover event....obviously we need to see things continue to trend. 7 days out, etc etc....

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

The ridge out west has been becoming more impressive, so if you can get that trough to dig for oil a little bit, you can pop something along the frontal boundary. That northern stream injection could produce a flashover event....obviously we need to see things continue to trend. 7 days out, etc etc....

Yea, was just comparing the EPS and the PNA has trended stouter....still a ways to go to trend enough for anything good because that H5 is in N ME.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, SouthCoastMA said:

It's day 9 on one of the worst OP models. Not even worth spending 5 seconds on

I disagree, at least for east coast storms the Canadian is one of the best OP models, up there with the Euro and Navy. The Gfs and Icon are the garbage models not worth looking at. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 16

Miami rule in effect too-

If the PNA does spike a little more it might over come that.. but, the flow is fast while that SE is merely compressed in that scenario ... That's sort of what screwed the M/A in that 2001 March fiasco...   I mean we could trend the western ridge better and dig more, and still have some neggie issues with interference from that region.

Ha, it's like everything has to be perfect -

D10 .. you wonder what the tapestry looks like on D12's extrapolation too - that might qualify as a fair torch as that EC trough loses its footing and that western warm bubble bursts its guts downstream...  It really is setting up for a big warm mid month in that look.  Noooormally we don't comment on it?  But erstwhile the CPC telecon spread bouncing the polar indices in the positive range, while the distant PNA slopes down...isn't exactly a bad foundation for that Euro run, either.

EPS ? 

I'd love that - man... 28.4" yard stick storm then tsunamis warmth in less than a week later.  ...yeah yeah prolly can't happen

• Weenie 1