Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

Just now, SouthCoastMA said:

I'd take a March 14' but with that storm a bit closer.

Hard to get excited about Spring this early unless I see something like March '12 in the cards

It becomes more of a split flow look on the EPS. Which means a bunch of things. Chances of mild wx, cold, wx, and storms. That's usually not an overall torch look. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

It becomes more of a split flow look on the EPS. Which means a bunch of things. Chances of mild wx, cold, wx, and storms. That's usually not an overall torch look. 

Def gotta watch for bowling balls in the split flow pattern, esp in March. It would be better if we had a big block ala 2018, but split flow by its nature can produce those pseudo blocks to the north at times around Hudson Bay or Quebec.

13 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Wake me up when March 2015 walks back thru the door.

Lol...We’ll wake you up now. You said stick a pitchfork in the winter, which means no chances.  You’ll probably be wrong on that one. 

March 2015 wasn’t all that good for you guys if I remember..wasn’t bad here, we scored a couple decent 4-6” events.  March of 18 is what you want. 

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol...We’ll wake you up now. You said stick a pitchfork in the winter, which means no chances.  You’ll probably be wrong on that one. 

March 2015 wasn’t all that good for you guys if I remember..wasn’t bad here, we scored a couple decent 4-6” events.  March of 18 is what you want. 

March '15 was good down where he is...they scored double digits on the 3/5 storm.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

What happened in March 15

I think even you had decent snow.  Only thing memorable for me, was that sneaky inv trough that dumped 3-4"+ in ern areas and broke Logan's snow record. The other was on 3/28 when during the day we cooled to below 32 and got 3" of snow. :lol:  I'm sure the SSTs being slush probably helped.

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Def gotta watch for bowling balls in the split flow pattern, esp in March. It would be better if we had a big block ala 2018, but split flow by its nature can produce those pseudo blocks to the north at times around Hudson Bay or Quebec.

Pretty much what we expect in March. Season turning

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I think even you had decent snow.  Only thing memorable for me, was that sneaky inv trough that dumped 3-4"+ in ern areas and broke Logan's snow record. The other was on 3/28 when during the day we cooled to below 32 and got 3" of snow. :lol:  I'm sure the SSTs being slush probably helped.

Had 19 inches that month. Forgot about the 10 inches the first week with almost 40 OTG and ran the whole month with snow cover. Also ended the month with a 3 inches. I think we don't go unscathed . Winter isn't done

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Had 19 inches that month. Forgot about the 10 inches the first week with almost 40 OTG and ran the whole month with snow cover. Also ended the month with a 3 inches. I think we don't go unscathed . Winter isn't done

That was the first real season where I noticed how much it means to have meat in that pack. My yard absolutely torches in March as it is sloped a bit and faces east to south. But man, it never melted that season. Last batch melted out in mid April.

16 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

A

in this form we call those scooter highs, just saying