• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

I dunno.. .thing is, that could tone it down by 15 deg and still be exotically deep and equally as annoying - assuming the latter is what Gaia's really after..

The Euro did carry a similar cold shot at least once in recent runs and considering we're not really in the Euro's wheel house ...

It may all end up that we get a 32 F high and two cold nights, interrupting some AN afternoons out of that. 

35 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Enjoy 

download (25).png

For a few days now, the global schemes have all shown the likelihood of surge of bitter cold moving into southeastern Canada during early March.  It is not hard to envision a intensifying Maritimes low combining with a sharpening trough sweeping across southeastern Canada driving a piece of the bitter air mass south into New England.  Whether or not the pattern across southeastern CT and the Maritimes allows it to happen is very uncertain.  Obviously at this time frame, you bet against it.  But I think there is a good chance a bitter cold air mass will indeed move into southeastern Canada.  Whether or not it can be propelled southward into New England is an open question.  But I certainly would not dismiss it; especially for portions of Northern New England.

10 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

HC is not the primary reason why we had a couple of subpar winters, climo is. We don't avg 80" of snow....never have, and probably never will.

What he is saying is valid, but its not the reason that we don't have a blockbuster winter every season.

Yes i understand. Maybe the way I typed that came across subpar haha. I totally agree on climo. Where I live and work we're already at average for the year. That's the reason I mentioned the VERY good winters...I see many that are quite a bit younger than me are very spoiled by blockbuster winters. I've lived through many bad years. I think what I'm interested in most is IF the HC speculation could be somewhat correct regarding east coast storm development? Time will tell...

10 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The 06z operational GFS is the first run of that particular model that has offered any demonstration at all that spatially fits it's own CPC telecon spread - particularly beyond D7..8.

Firstly, that weird synoptic "tucking" event at 500 mb up there over eastern Ontario. It was dumped by the 00z Euro .. the previous cycle, 12z yesterday had it, 00z she gone. 

Meanwhile, the GFS and most GEF members at 00z really are absurdly deep with that feature (March 2nd). We are still deep enough inside 1790 through 1980 winter climatology and so deeper anomalies in general are okay ...

Not sure that requires 500 mb heights at 468 dm over the GOM... height depths seldom found in Antarctica -

Pretty solid likeliness that is the GFS not having any limitations at all in its ability to lower heights as an ongoing attempt by NCEP to offset global warming utilizing fake modeling. 

Kidding...but jesus Christ. It does that everywhere ..all scales, dimensions, intents and purpose, in the ongoing maelstrom of atmospheric fluidity.  It's egregious... I don't want any V16 ... in fact, I don't want GFS, anymore ... I'm sick of it. For those of us of summer enthusiasm ..it will ruin summer if one spends any time using it during the warm season.   Last year, it started about 10 days after the Solstice, driving 300 hour range autumn patterns in July.. It's cold bias is so bad ... just don't f'ing run the model beyond 48 hours until you've figured this shit out... please -

Here's another aspect about the GFS based upon multiple seasons of persistence and thus, easy prediction. As we work our way into spring ... there are going to be times when the flow relaxes more and ridging becomes apparent across mid and lower latitudes of the continent in all guidance ... These period "should" be evocative of joy and nape dreams of euphoria for ah, more "normal" seasonal -seeking/guided individuals ( to which, ... NO ONE in this social media represents, of course hahaha )... But nope ... schmuck actually chooses to look at the GFS's surface synoptic... Ooh, and their day was going so good up until that point... when their eyes get a big load of that big pasty ass of a surface high pressure hanging over the log the 50th parallel across S Canada Canada. 

Sorry just having fun.. .but, that flow out there beyond 8 ... shows that buttocks high pressure tendency - built it, but it shows a lot of relaxed milder thickness and crumbled homogeneous baroclinic tendencies to the layout. The latter is at least encouraging.   That seems to also agree a bit with the Euros post D8 ...  Normally one would be two tokes into a crack pipe blowjob to ever infer much from either guidance' D8 ..entering spring migraine no less, but both seems to nod to the highly concertted/continuity of the +AO/+NAO/-PNA ...  I almost wonder if that period may emerge - given time - with more of a warm push... we'll see -

Oh my, how do I respond to this novel haha. I hear you on the fake news/science thing. I mean isn't the beginning of any science the fact that... I don't know so lets figure it out? (and no it doesn't get figured in a press conference) It's just an interesting phenomenon that you've proposed and needs to be studied. Too many young ones have got used to blockbuster winters in SNE