Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

49 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I kind of want that to carve SW and coastal people within an inch of toleration ... then have the EPS launch us into the 70s 4 days later... 

White out to warm out -

Yeah let’s turn that into one of those 8F blizzard condition deals with car doors frozen shut and then tickle 70F 4 days later. 

2 minutes ago, radarman said:

peach trees ftl... the fact that feb has been chilly may mitigate damage.  A few years ago one of these March cold shots ruined the crop.

I think it was 2016 with the VDay cold shot that ruined the peach trees. It had been a torch all winter and then we got our coldest temps in 6 decades with that cold shot....lol. BOS hit -10 I think in that...insane for them out in the Harbor. And non-radiating ORH got to -16 with a stiff NW wind  

I think we were back to 55F 2-3 days later too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, das said:

omg.  OMG.  O. M. G.  The black flies are horrific.  Never have I ever been in a place where I can't outrun a freakin' fly.  They draft behind your head, ala NASCAR, and then make you go yelping down the path at top speed flailing your arms about like an absolute lunatic when they bore a hole in your neck.  OMG.  And the bite itches and hurts for hours.  The idyllic Vermont scenes on the Hallmark Channel never prepared me for this BS.

That and mud season are how we keep out the pretenders. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think it was 2016 with the VDay cold shot that ruined the peach trees. It had been a torch all winter and then we got our coldest temps in 6 decades with that cold shot....lol. BOS hit -10 I think in that...insane for them out in the Harbor. And non-radiating ORH got to -16 with a stiff NW wind  

I think we were back to 55F 2-3 days later too. 

Coldest in 6 decades? You mean to say that mid-Feb 2016 had colder temps in SNE than 2015, 2014, 1994, or the late 70s?

Just now, Fozz said:

Coldest in 6 decades? You mean to say that mid-Feb 2016 had colder temps in SNE than 2015, 2014, 1994, or the late 70s?

Correct. Last time BOS or ORH got that cold was January 1957.

Not 100% sure on PVD, they may have been colder in the Jan ‘81 cold shot but. 

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

That 2007 cold shot a week into March was pretty impressive.

Yeah that was a good one. I think ORH had like 2-3 record low maxes and maybe 1-2 record lows. They hit 0F a bunch of times but I remember being slightly grouchy that they somehow couldn’t sneak a -1 in there. Damn site just can’t radiate. We had good snow cover too for that.