Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS and nowcast 10A-5P both Mon and Tue 2/22-23

wdrag

45 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

My neighbors are already whining about the snow. People really just hate winter around here.  I mean, what do they expect it to do here? Stay in the 70's?

Most people hate winter weather because it's disruptive. We're the unusual ones, but nothing wrong with being unusual! I absolutely love it! I'm glad we got a couple inches of snow out of this. Absolutely beautiful out there!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wdrag said:

Have yet to see a CP report with mdt to heavy snow preceding the 18z OB and 33F, as well as a pix of lower Mahattan with wet roads but a snow covered first floor sidewalk cover. 

The above pictures are from NYC’s suburbs (Scarsdale, Larchmont, and Mamaroneck). If anything stuck on Central Park’s snowboard after 1 pm, it will likely be washed away before the Park measures again at 7 pm. It seems that no measurement is made when the snow stops falling or no such measurement is made on a consistent basis.

7 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

The above pictures are from NYC’s suburbs (Scarsdale, Larchmont, and Mamaroneck). If anything stuck on Central Park’s snowboard after 1 pm, it will likely be washed away before the Park measures again at 7 pm. It seems that no measurement is made when the snow stops falling or no such measurement is made on a consistent basis.

Thats what I think as well... Not what i like to see from a top USA city but also logistics of what has changed in the ASOS era.  Mostly good with so many more platforms but available personnel-job priorities have changed the process.  Also noting that NWS guidelines may be limiting posting of LSR'sd, in part due to staffing and in part due to multiple job responsible cities. Noting OKX so far not posting any amounts under 1.5 or 2" as of about 2P.  

Thanks Don!

• Like 1

That was intense. I saw the RS line creeping up this way so went out to move the snow before it got too heavy. Well, it was already heavy :whistle: That was the best goop we've had here in a few years! It was absolutely pounding down golf ball flakes for the last 30 minutes or so and I ended up with 5.5 (maybe a touch more) before the flip to NCP. In 5 minutes it was down to about 3" :( Now it's just soggy. This reminds of of some of the Long Island storms when I was growing up. 

33/32/RN-