Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 22 Minor snow and rain event

HoarfrostHubb

2 minutes ago, rgwp96 said:

Butler NJ (northern Morris country )

I grew up In Teaneck.  Butler and the Pompton Lakes area was country and snowier.  We used to have a summer place in White Meadow Lake.  My memory of driving there in the early1950s was of a long trip-long before the interstates were built out.

11 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I grew up In Teaneck.  Butler and the Pompton Lakes area was country and snowier.  We used to have a summer place in White Meadow Lake.  My memory of driving there in the early1950s was of a long trip-long before the interstates were built out.

Ok yes Teaneck  is close to nyc , white meadow lake is in my county sw off me in rockaway right off rt 80 

With a final snow showers, it looks like we'll end with 2.3-2.5" here on the elevated board.  The new ground cover appeared deeper but the board doesn't lie.  Last inch was sparkling dendrites.  Been holding pretty steady around 18" of depth for a month it seems like.  This boosted it to 20" again, but it'll settle back down to 17-18" where that sleet and freezing drizzle crust is.  Just seems so fresh all the time, continuously topped with feathers.

Feb22measure.jpg.c6d7cd66313ff70135633a9c067a9f82.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

I think you'll pound for a couple hours around 7 pm. Hi-res stuff really likes the idea of 1"/hr around then. NAM/RAP starting to even get a little crosshairs looks (albeit the lift isn't off the charts).

IMO, this gets an A+.  We finished with 3.0" from 0.31" LE and 2" fell between 7 and 9 PM.  Snow ended by 10.  :)

12 hours ago, rgwp96 said:

4.8! Was final in nw jersey , snow pack around 20, inches . Tried to put in a picture but won’t let me 

Nice!  I'm guessing my home growing up. a few miles to your south but at 700', has gotten more snow than here in the Maine foothills.  Yesterday's 3" brought the pack to the same 20" and total snowfall to 48.4.  How much did you measure from the Feb. 1-2 bomb?