Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 22 Minor snow and rain event

HoarfrostHubb

30 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Thats quite a drive from Winsted. Hopefully u still have some left and not too much rain.

it'll be gone by the time I get back, at least I trained my wife how to properly measure when I travel, the last year it's been a LOT too, because nobody wants to do work, but not complaining, as long as they don't take away the ot I'm good with travel and running 5 programs at once. miss the fam tho

32 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

It was like a whole different world. Heavy snow everything sticking to roads, trees, side walks. These pictures are from Hamden/Bethany on Gaylord Mt Rd.

I measured 0.7" at 530FT by Broken Arrow Nursary, much less down the hill at 220FT on Todd St with 0.3" and got one report from a spotter in Hamden with 0.2" at 165FT. On Rt10 near Sleeping Giant everything was just wet, mostly rain and non-accumulating snow at 100ft or less.

IMG_20210222_142351 (3).jpg

IMG_20210222_143013 (4).jpg

Wow, that's a huge difference!

January sucked but otherwise it has been good
I feel bad that it's been a few years since i tracked my snowfall. I'm typically a few inches above hippy due to my elevation.

I think there were 2 events that were better out east, so I'm not sure I'm quite there, but I'd guess fairly close.

Hippy, what are you at for a seasonal total?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The upslope band has migrated enough east that we are in it now... it was due south surface winds with due west winds above H85, but now the lower levels are starting to back to the west and the band is moving a bit east.  The ski areas look to be in the bread and butter throughout.

Eyeballing about 2" (?) from this event so far.  Small flake low ratio stuff has gone over to sparkling, good growth snow falling in a calm environment.

Can always count on a little upslope as the wind switches westerly and squeezes out moisture.

Feb_22_915.gif

1 minute ago, Professional Lurker said:

I feel bad that it's been a few years since i tracked my snowfall. I'm typically a few inches above hippy due to my elevation.

I think there were 2 events that were better out east, so I'm not sure I'm quite there, but I'd guess fairly close.

Hippy, what are you at for a seasonal total?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Nice to not have any taint from sleet or rain today. 

The 3" brings me to 46" for the season.  Need another 12-14" to hit average.

You are probably 4-8" more than that?  Just a guess.