Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 22 Minor snow and rain event

HoarfrostHubb

26 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah it’s been snowing all day but really light here. Hoping for a wind shift to pick things up. An inch would be nice. 

Snowing well and windy as heck down at Cannon. Seems like a good setup for them this time. 

Mountain weather is crazy like that... little nuances.  The wind could shift slightly or the veering in the atmosphere changes ever so slightly and all the sudden it's snowing or not snowing if it was.  I love the little micro-scale stuff, I even find it oddly cool if we get downsloped in one part of town but not another... or vice versa.  That stuff can be so localized.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Mod/hvy now. Down to 29.9°.

Closing in on 2”

What’s your assessment of the radar? Do you have a better radar than I do but it looks like there’s still quite a bit of moderate snow at least with some heavy birth still to go. My visibility is below a half mile although I don’t know if it’s below a quarter mile. We’re almost 2 2 inches as well

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

What’s your assessment of the radar? Do you have a better radar than I do but it looks like there’s still quite a bit of moderate snow at least with some heavy birth still to go. My visibility is below a half mile although I don’t know if it’s below a quarter mile. We’re almost 2 2 inches as well

Back edge is approaching the VT/NY border now. It should pound for the next couple hours.

As soon as I sent the last post the light snow became almost no snow, now very light.  The brighter echoes seem to be sliding to our south except for the patch now past that gave us its southern fringe.  Stuff directly upstream needs to bulk up a bit or we'll have problems reaching the bottom of the 2-5 forecast.

Just now, tamarack said:

As soon as I sent the last post the light snow became almost no snow, now very light.  The brighter echoes seem to be sliding to our south except for the patch now past that gave us its southern fringe.  Stuff directly upstream needs to bulk up a bit or we'll have problems reaching the bottom of the 2-5 forecast.

I think you'll pound for a couple hours around 7 pm. Hi-res stuff really likes the idea of 1"/hr around then. NAM/RAP starting to even get a little crosshairs looks (albeit the lift isn't off the charts).

13 minutes ago, dendrite said:

One more wxstar 4k post for the 90s TWC weenies. Seeing some NE wind now so maybe the sfc flow is backing? Maybe just a little residual insitu CAD?

hvysnow.png

localhvy.png

Those graphics give me all the feels for some reason, ha.  What a nostalgic hit that is.

Steady light snow and about an inch here.  Flake size is small, I bet we are going to be near 10:1 ratios which seems right given only 0.15” QPF on most models.  1-2” type deal here.

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It's all there.

Awesome. Nostalgia right there. That was a little before my time, i grew up on the next wave graphics in the late 90s early 00s that looked like this..

EBnTeFvWsAA8RlW.png.1a59f3d64c003ed00ed0cd3b2c5c97c3.pngRemarkableInfatuatedBadger-size_restricted.gif.b234c8325b632df579d2af04d30e49e1.gif

Though i have seen those older icons/graphics when i would go up to Vermont/New Hampshire they were still using the old graphics for Local on the 8's well into the 2000s. I even so them as late as 2005 up in VT/NH.

• Like 1