• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 22 Minor snow and rain event

HoarfrostHubb

Just went for a hike and got stuck in the transition and ended up walking back in the rain. Great sights before hand though...

We are actually at the lowest temp since the precip started and continues to drop with the rain...down to 32.7⁰

Measured about 2" on non paved surfaces, 1.25" on the driveway. Not too bad...

20210222_145337.jpg

20210222_145703.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Total bust here. Not even a dusting really. 24 degrees so plenty cold as usual, just no precip. Hope this shitty pattern ends soon and we can get some actual precip up here. 

SW/S winds probably the only direction that isn't great there.  If your going to downslope, that's the wind to do it on--not going to lose out on much over the course of a winter most of the time.

Drove to Prospect at the highest point and back. Turned to rain/snow then mostly rain while i was in the parking lot in Prospect 880FT.

Wintry day in the hilly wooded areas but its all rain now everywhere in New Haven county.

Totals:

Prospect 880FT: 1.1"

Bethany 650FT: 0.9"

Hamden 530FT: 0.7"

Hamden 220FT: 0.3"

Hamden/North Haven ~100FT: 0.0"

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Total bust here. Not even a dusting really. 24 degrees so plenty cold as usual, just no precip. Hope this shitty pattern ends soon and we can get some actual precip up here. 

Looks like about an inch here at 1500ft.  Steady light snow.  I did notice on your cam what looked like a bit of a downslope break in the low clouds on the southerly flow.  Been looking like it’s snowing in the view all afternoon on left and right sides.

I bet you’ll snow once the flow changes a bit.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Looks like about an inch here at 1500ft.  Steady light snow.  I did notice on your cam what looked like a bit of a downslope break in the low clouds on the southerly flow.  Been looking like it’s snowing in the view all afternoon on left and right sides.

I bet you’ll snow once the flow changes a bit.

Yeah it’s been snowing all day but really light here. Hoping for a wind shift to pick things up. An inch would be nice. 

Snowing well and windy as heck down at Cannon. Seems like a good setup for them this time. 

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah it’s been snowing all day but really light here. Hoping for a wind shift to pick things up. An inch would be nice. 

Snowing well and windy as heck down at Cannon. Seems like a good setup for them this time. 

Definitely looks like some downsloping there. S flow snow events are fairly rare so don’t sweat it. BML was moderate snow for awhile.